by popular demand (and because it was quick and easy for a change) I built a version for CV1. No other fixes or changes at the moment.
Win64 version compatible with Oculus runtime 0.8.0.0.
Note that lighting has regressed in this version as I'm unable to bake lighting since Unity switched from Beast to Enlighten, so I'm afraid the lighting is pretty stark, and it might not run well on all systems. But I've had so many earnest requests that I feel obligated to release it as is. Sorry I can't do better, but I keep installing Unity's updates and trying again in the hopes that one day I can get the lighting to work again.
Windows 32/64, Mac and Linux versions
Latest version uploaded! (mostly graphical fixes and performance optimisations)
[*]layered cameras to fix flickering cockpit shadows, flickering textures, and Z-fighting at long distances.
[*]improved shadow resolution
[*]added objective for SSD (just destroy shields for now)
[*]fixed v-sync issues on certain quality settings that caused judder
[*]reduced steering limitation at high speed
[*]fixed some LOD issues on certain models
* Added detail and textures to the cockpit dashboard
* New radar system. Radar is now forward-facing style. Shows which direction to fly relative to your position and orientation. Enemies that are behind you will clamp to the edge of the radar. Blips get smaller with distance. Still some work to do but much better than the old one.
* speed now affects maneuverability slightly. Faster speed = slower turns, slower speed = faster turns (top speed with s-foils open remains the same as before, but for those complaining of not turning fast enough, slow down a bit). Watch out when closing your s-foils and flooring it though!
* fixed broken objectives
* fixed opening text crawl and transition
* fixed the default quality settings
* edited out the slower bits of the soundtrack which didn't fit with the space battle
* optimized some stuff
new version with better keyboard controls...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jul6u ... 2_v1.2.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dhup2 ... 4_v1.2.zip
New keyboard controls...
W = Throttle Up and Menu Scroll Up
S = Throttle Down and Menu Scroll Down
A = Roll Left
D = Roll Right
Left Shift or Left Mouse Button = Fire Lasers
Tab = Menu (W and S to scroll up/down, Enter to select, B to page back)
R = Reset Oculus View
O = Toggle Oculus Mode
B = Skip Intro and Menu Page Back
Esc = Quit
Yaw/Pitch controlled by mouse or arrow keys
New DK2 versions, in 32 and 64-bit flavours, but I warn you, they are pretty buggy at the moment.
I'm very interested to hear how it performs on your systems, so please let me know.
* Later checkpoints not saving
* Fade-in/out on death not working
* invisible collisions near Death Star docking bays
* occasionally TIEs will disappear in front of you
* and on my system I have pretty bad judder (not framerate-related) when looking around. I also find that the position tracking hiccups quite a bit
Well, despite the extra week of vacation, the clock finally ran out. I would have preferred to polish it a LOT more before shipping it, but I won't have as much time to dedicate to it from here on in. Its going through the approval process on the Oculus Share site, but in the meantime you can access it here...
Oculus Share page:
Star Wars: Battle of Endor
Star Wars: Battle Of Endor
Hope you like it!
How to play:
Basically, fight off TIE fighters, destroy turrets and shield generators on Star Destroyers, and wait for objectives from Lando. The radar screen is admittedly very rudimentary and not very clear, but you should see yellow dots representing objective locations. When Lando says to engage the Star Destroyers, you need to blow up the 2 shield generators on the Star Destroyer (the one flanked by two rebel ships), after which Admiral Ackbar will tell you the shield is down. Follow the yellow objective point past the Super Star Destroyer (you can take out it's shields and turrets too) to the entrance to the shaft leading to the reactor. Avoid the obstacles, get to the reactor, and blow up the regulator on the right-hand side of the core.
Then haul ass!
* Your guns will lead and auto-target any TIE fighter inside the green reticle, so just get him in there and hold the trigger.
* The two strings of green lights below the HUD represent hull damage; all red... you're dead.
* The radar screen will flash red and Artoo will trill a proximity warning when you are getting too close to an obstacle.
left/right = Yaw
up/down = Pitch
left/right = Roll
up/down = Pitch (both thumbsticks will double the pitch speed)
Left trigger = Increase throttle
Left shoulder = Decrease throttle
Right trigger = Fire quad cannon
Right shoulder = nothing (eventually proton torpedoes)
Start = Pause menu
Back = Recenter Oculus view
D-Pad = Menu navigation
Y button = Toggle S-foils (close them for more speed, but you can't shoot)
A button = Menu item selection
B button = Skip text crawl intro/ back out of submenu
Letter O on the keyboard will toggle Oculus mode.
Jittery image the further you travel from the origin
Last spawnpoint might spawn you inside the Death Star
Occasional sound glitches
The objectives/checkpoint system was very last-minute and is rudimentary. Expect bugs.
No music after reloading checkpoint
Death Star turrets
R2D2 repairing the ship
Millennium Falcon doing the tunnel run with you
Operational Death Star gun
AI X-wings, A-wings, B-wings, and Y-wings
Shields on Star Destroyers (take them out before you can damage the turrets or destroy the ship)