Oculus DK2 Video Player
Author: mra (aka Saxxon66)
* Major performance improvements, no GPU decoding but very low cpu load (15 - 25%)
* 32 and 64 bit version, please use the 32 bit version with a 32 bit VLC and the 64 bit version with the 64 bit VLC only!!!
* Frametimes are now very low, stable and solid
* Based ion Oculus SDK 4_0_3, with Bugfixes, like state reset fix, ...
* Simple GUI, tap you HMD or shake your head to bring up the GUI. Works by looking at the GUI-Elements, give it a try. I would like to hear what you are thinking.
* Support added for Over/Under S3D (SBS is also supported), use NUMPAD_0 / F1 to toggle modes
* Happy Christmas and have fun ...
0.0.5 - 1st Alpha Release
* Removed dependency for D3DCompiler_47.dll. Shaders are now precompiled and included in the toolchain.
This should solve Win7 problems w/o the Win8.1 libs.
0.0.4 - 4th Pre-Alpha Release
* 1st version of Ambilight (not working for 3D SBS), F10 to enable/disable
0.0.3 - 3rd Pre-Alpha Release
* "Direct to the Rift" / "Direct HMD Access from Apps"
mode is now supported. (Extended desktop is still supported)
* Audio Track Changing
is now supported. Use F9 to change the audio track.
* Removed Direct Input
* Added simple Debug Gui in Debug Builds (not in public release builds)
* BUGFIX: Projection Matrix was wrong while turning + rotating head
0.0.2 - 2nd Pre-Alpha Release
* DK2 position tracking via camera (optional)
* Curved screen (default, change with F5 to flat screen)
* Adjustable radius of curved screen (F6 + F7)
* SBS rendering now handled by shader
* Release Build (0.0.1 was a debug build, dynamically linked with MSVCR100D.DLL) statically linked, so MSVCR100.DLL is not needed anymore.
* Key mapping changed
* BUGFIX: In SBS mode the eye switching was only not working for one eye.
0.0.1 - Initial version
Version Info: Pre-Alpha Release (no feature freeze)
No error handling, but works for me in extended display mode.
VLCRiftPlayer is a movie player for Oculus DK2 with S3D support (SBS).
Under the hood it uses VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
) for movie playback.
So most everything VLC can play, this player can play also.
Inspired by the design of the OculusPlayer (special thx to dbaker), this is a DirectX 11 port.
Using the Oculus SDK 4.0.1 for distortion rendering and head tracking.
Copy the VLCRiftPlayer.exe to the VLC (32bit) base directory.
Make sure it is the ltest version of VLC.
Tested with vlc 2.1.5
- Configure your DK2 for Extended Desktop mode.
- Start the VLCRiftPlayer.exe in the VLC root directory (32bit).
- A dialog box will open.
- Choose a movie file.
- Take on the DK2.
- Press Return to center the view.
- Zoom the screen by using the mouse scroll wheel to get a comfortable view.
- If it is a 3D movie press F1 to enable SBS mode.
- If the image is not 3D try to change the images for each eye by pressing F2.
- The IPD of your current active Oculus profile (see Oculus Config Util) will be used. You can adjust the IPD by pressing F3 (-) or F4 (+).
NUMPAD_0 / F1: Enable/Disable SBS 3D movie (default on)
F2: Switch Images for eye
F3: IPD Correction-
F4: IPD Correction+
F5: Curved screen/Flat Screen
F6: Radius of curved screen +
F7: Radius of curved screen -
F10: To enable/disable Ambilight
F9: Change Audio Tracks
Right arrow: Jump 30 sec. forward
Left arrow: Jump 30 sec. forward
NUMPAD_9 Jump: 1 min. forward
NUMPAD_6 Jump: 3 min. forward
NUMPAD_3 Jump: 5 min. forward
NUMPAD_8 Jump: 1 min. back
NUMPAD_4 Jump: 3 min. back
NUMPAD_1 Jump: 5 min. back
Enter: Center headtracker/Position
Mouse wheel: Zoom in/out
WASD: Move camera up/down/left/right
Enjoy but use it at your own risk!