cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Virtual Reality - Data transmission for Oculus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I would like to introduce our company, "Immersive Robotics" we have designed the worlds first solution to true wireless VR
Compatible with the leading HMD's Oculus, Vive, OSVR etc.

I think most people who have tried these HMD's would agree that they are awesome and game changing
however a big limitation is the wires, they restrict you and remind you that you are still back in the real world.
We have been working really hard to solve this issue because we think it makes VR so much better.
Most people agree that this will be the future of VR!

I want to start a discussion on this topic, Wireless VR and its prospects in general.

You can view our website here http://www.immrobotics.com/

Our youtube video gives a good overview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gy6S0UrrCAc

I also welcome everyone to get in touch!
10 REPLIES 10

pjenness
Rising Star
Impressive

Look forward to hearing reviews once released.

Do you have time frame, or pricing announced yet?

Cheers
-P
Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS? https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349

crevver
Explorer
Already reposted this on Linked In, awesome! Can't wait to try it out.

richhard1
Protege
A great idea but so many questions need answering. This kind if thing is bound to attract a lot of attention, but I'm guessing there's a major drawback somewhere, or this would have been on sale well before now or company bought by HTC, Oculus or Fove.
I7-4790K - GTX980ti - 32GB - PB287Q - G502 - A50 - GAMEZ4RO - G19s - E17k - Xonar7.1 - Xenyx502 - AT2050 - H105 - T300RS - XBox1Elite - X55- 4K/DK2/CV1/VIVE

Kazy
Explorer
It's definitely a great idea, but there is no proof of a working product. Is this device actually in prototype? In the video, it doesn't even look like the DK2 is powered on.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"pjenness" wrote:
Impressive

Look forward to hearing reviews once released.

Do you have time frame, or pricing announced yet?

Cheers
-P

We are currently in prototype phase, we are have some BETA testers signed up, in the coming months we want to get it in the hands of 3rd party reviewers.

Price I cannot commit to at this stage, however we intend for it to be as affordable as possible, less than the current HMD's

Anonymous
Not applicable
"richhard1" wrote:
A great idea but so many questions need answering. This kind if thing is bound to attract a lot of attention, but I'm guessing there's a major drawback somewhere, or this would have been on sale well before now or company bought by HTC, Oculus or Fove.

There are indeed a lot of challenges that need to be solved, to properly stream data to and from the HMD, it is not as simple as just streaming video, which has been around for a long time.
We have been perfecting it for a fair while, it is not easy, so there is a barrier to entry. Also some of the technology we are using has not been around for very long.
Drawbacks? As long as the latency stays low enough and the resolution is supported, there is no noticeable drawback so far.
We are replacing the cable, so a theoretical drawback would be if you notice a difference in quality or latency, so far we have done a good job at making this not happen.

scully1234
Honored Guest
Impressive solution if its realy works properly up to ''4k@90HZ'' ??? :shock:

But it would be nicer ,if this unit including the battery pack ,fit on the headstrap, backside of the hdm s

This brings at first a right ballance for the whole system, and you need not extra wire along the body

nosys70
Expert Protege
LiFi is probably the solution,
unfortunately , no consumer product exist yet, but the equipement cost should be very low and easy to implement into an VR headset.
Basically you would just get a lightbulb over your head, and a receiver on top of it.

you could expect relative freedom (for a seated gamer) an extrem bandwidth.

ericb365
Honored Guest
Nice I have been looking for something like this.