Honored Guest
I have uninstall old runtime.
I have run ccleaner 
download the 800MB file, 
shows:
Installing...
Restart Computer.
Sorry, ... contact Oculus support.

I have run the instalation in admin mode.

I dont find Oculus in AppData/Local

32 REPLIES 32

AlfaGunner
Honored Guest
same here, ive tried 15 times now....tried lots of fixes, no luck!!!!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Same here after a I had to do a system restore point on my PC. Tells me to restart my PC and it doesn't install and just tells me to contact Oculus Support. All this started with trying to install that crappy Elite Dangerous. I've had more problems with that game that I care to mention. 

Before it was easy to just reinstall the Runtimes but Runtime 1.3 won't let me reinstall it? Please, How do I reinstall it without it first telling me to restart my Pc and then it saying it has failed to install and to contact Oculus Support? I just purchased some games and want to play them?

cybereality
Grand Champion
Can you open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\

Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and sent that to me.

AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Popopinsel
Expert Protege
The solution is stickied to this forum: https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/32370/unofficial-workaround-for-access-control-list-not-in-canonical-form-error-during-oculus-setup#latest

tappa
Honored Guest
Like I said, it does not exists.

tappa
Honored Guest
It was there, I have tried a few thing, I have removed it, I have retried several times and it never recreated it.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I am just restoring an Image I took of my C: drive when everything was working perfect with 1.3, if that doesn't fix it I'll post here again. Trying to install Elite Dangerous ruined it for me. Having to login on the desktop before you start the game ect. Think they need to come up with something better.

tappa
Honored Guest
I have created a folder Oculus (aparently it was not able to create it) now I have a file OculusSetup.log.
the file end with the following lines. Clearly even if I run the program in Admin mode it canot modify my computer. I realy dont understand. I have installed several programs.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Warning] [3/28/2016 6:18:53 PM] Rolling back installation.
[Debug] [3/28/2016 6:18:53 PM] Uninstall 'Install all downloaded packages.' succeeded.
[Debug] [3/28/2016 6:18:53 PM] Uninstall 'Set up C:\Program Files (x86)\Oculus and OVRLibrarian.' succeeded.
[Debug] [3/28/2016 6:18:53 PM] Uninstall 'Install necessary redistributables.' succeeded.
[Debug] [3/28/2016 6:19:07 PM] Removing temp directory.
[Warning] [3/28/2016 6:19:07 PM] Couldn't remove temp directory.
[Debug] [3/28/2016 6:19:07 PM] Exiting with code 1.

Popopinsel
Expert Protege

tappa said:

It was there, I have tried a few thing, I have removed it, I have retried several times and it never recreated it.

OK, let's try to get this thing sorted out:

1. Run the Oculus Setup.
2. Let it download the whole package until it eventually fails and tells you to reboot your computer. DON'T DO THIS.
3. Open Windows Explorer (WIN + E on your keyboard).
4. In the address bar enter %LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus. There you should find OculusSetup.log.
5. If it tells you it can't find the directory specified try going manually to "C:\Users\<YourWindowsAccountName>\AppData\Local\Oculus" and search for the log file.
6. Inside the file, towards the end, you should find an exception error like "System.Security.AccessControl.CommonAcl.ThrowIfNotCanonical()".

To fix this do the following:
1. Press WIN + R on your keyboard, type in regedit and hit Enter.
2. Right-click "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" and select "Permissions...". If it doesn't throw an error message, hit Cancel on the Permissions dialog box.
3. Repeat the steps for:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Oculus VR, LLC (this is most likely the issue)
    any registry keys underneath the above one
4. When an error message pops up telling you that the permissions order is wrong just hit "Reorder" and click OK on the following Permissions dialog box.
5. Try Oculus Setup again.

Tell us how it worked!