cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Home (SDK 1.3) and DK1

zoost
Explorer
I would like to receive some help and/or pointers from fellow DK1 owners as to how to get a DK1 to work with the new Oculus Home (SDK 1.3). I came as far as the Oculus Home application recognizing my DK1 as a HMD and recognizing my PS3 controller as a valid controller, but it is not allowing me to play because it want to detect a tracking sensor as well. Installing the apps also all wend fine.

Does anybody have got the DK1 to work with the new Oculus Home?
Is there a way to tell the Oculus Home to ignore the fact that there is no tracking device?

Please do not clutter this thread with remarks about buying the CV1 and/or DK2. I understand that that will be the better solution.
69 REPLIES 69

mm0zct
Protege
Even better would be the ability to inject 3rd party tracking for the DK1, with Opentrack for example and some markers or LEDs on the DK1 you can get positional tracking.

I'm in the same boat until my CV1 arrives, so very interested to hear about DK1 working with SDK1.3 (The SDK docs state that "All Dev Kits" should work with the 1.3 SDK, although it then explicitly mentions DK2 later on)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mine is actually "working".  On screen all motion is viewed, the issue is the black screen on the DK1 device.  The video is just not being sent to the DK1...no option to force video to the DK1.

Melhadf
Protege
I'm at the same point.  Everything went smoothly, installed Oculus home fine too.  Games and software install easily.  But sensor required, which is odd as after install the drivers (but before restart) it was outputting to the monitor and detecting the DK1 tracking.

Shame that us that missed the kickstarter but supported with the DK1 got left behind.

jank079
Honored Guest

I downloaded all the free stuff form the Store, uninstalled the store, reinstalleed runtime 0.8 en check if anything worked.

Nothing worked.

But now i realize thats not how i want to solve this, i want the DK1 to work with 1.3 instead of trying demo's/games on older SDK.

Epoxian
Explorer
Same here. I also wanted to use the DK1 with 1.3.

Mindweaver
Explorer
I'm in the same boat.. I want to use it as well with my DK1.. I have a June ship date for CV1.. If it would have worked yesterday I would have bought a few games.. I'm still kicking myself because I listened to Palmer when he said don't buy dk2 if you're not a dev.. wait for cv1.. I actually am developing something, but not full time. I wonder if Palmer knows it doesn't work?

gravity360
Protege
Well, I can see I'm not the only one with this issue.  And yeah Mindweaver, Palmer is 100% aware.

celt2000
Honored Guest
I got a DK1 just after the Kickstarter as well, got up early this
morning specifically to install the Oculus Home software and new runtime
to see what's up, and to have a look at a few of the apps before I make
my mind up about ordering a CV1. Before I'd even checked if it was the
right thing to do (yes, I know, I'm a moron if I complain about
something I hadn't checked beforehand) I'd uninstalled the 0.8 runtime,
and was downloading 1.3.0. Only THEN did I google things and find out
that the DK1 isn't supported. Was this planned? I mean, was there a
message somewhere on the forums or something where the Oculus guys said
"oh yeah, and you might wanna consider ordering a CV1 fairly soon,
because on release day we're dropping support for all legacy devices"?
Did I miss that memo? What if I was developing a game on a shoe-string
budget and only had a DK1 to help me program for VR? For the record, I'm
not, but anyone who's actually in that situation is now boned, at least
until it gets fixed.

I love my Oculus and I love VR, but I did kind of
expect that when the 1.0 software got released the owners of DK1s and
DK2s wouldn't just be forgotten behind huge piles of fresh sales
revenue. Would love to be wrong though, it'd be awesome if there's a fix
incoming; even if it's two months down the line, as long as we haven't
been totally forgotten about then I'll cease my whining.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?