cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows system at 100%

bizjer
Expert Protege
Hi,
I'm running the following system, i7 4790k, 16gig , gtx970, win10 64 bit, oculus 1.3 dk2.
The system was running fine and all does run fine except that once I've started the oculus home my pc runs at 100% albeit its not sluggish and unresponsive as you'd expect. When I close it the system stays running at 4.4.ghz instead of stepping down. Anyone else had this issue?
4 REPLIES 4

Popopinsel
Expert Protege
You can have a look at the task manager to figure out which process is eating up your precious CPU time. Is it really OculusClient.exe?

bizjer
Expert Protege
It shows very odd behaviour. Various and random programs take upward of 25% at a time then drop off and change. Not sure if windows defender is not liking something as that pops up a lot. The oculus client and oculussvr only take up around 1% when loaded. Task manager is accounting for 50-75% load though. God knows.

Fishlove
Explorer
This happens to me but only after running EVE Valkyrie. Strangely even restarting my system doesn't solve the problem. I have to go into power options and restore defaults for the current plan to fix it.
Coffee, coding, exploring the universe

bizjer
Expert Protege
now you mention EV, that makes sense. I jkust shut down windows and it held on shutdown for windows task host resolution something. Reboot of windows kicked it straight back to 100%. will boot EV and reset the resolution option in there!