cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First minute orders are now being charged (for both Rift and Vive)

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
Hey all,
With all the various shipping threads, I figured we might as well have a somewhat positive one.  I am very happy to report that when I got home from work (4pm Mountain Time) I saw both the Rift and Vive pre-orders had been charged on my bank account.  I would usually be sad to see that much money leave my account, but it was a huge feeling of relief to know I will soon get shipping confirmations for both.  It actually looks like the Vive payment was charged first, although they didn't send me an email to tell me it was happening.

I finished my order in the first minute for both products, so I should be a good representation of the front edge of the first block of pre-orders in both cases.
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified
133 REPLIES 133

Percy1983
Superstar
Looking forward to your comparisons. Enjoy!
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
Will do @Percy1983, thank you!
i7 5960X @ 3.8 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 PC2800 | GTX Titan X Pascal | Win 10 64 bit | Asus ROG PG348Q | EVGA X99 Classified

SlimBoyFat
Adventurer
Yes a comparison is what I'm most interested in. Got a May rift pre order but that does give me time to reconsider based on what people who can directly compare think.
Intel i7 4770K @ 4.5 GHz | Asus Z87 MAXIMUS VI HERO | 16GB 2133MHz | GeForce GTX 780Ti 3GB GDDR5 | Samsung 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster TX | Occulus Rift DK2

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
I will do my best at being completely objective @SlimBoyFat.  I have been staying away from reviews and using my DK2 more than ever just so I have a good frame of reference.

And thank you @Atmos73!  It feels good to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm still checking my bank account regularly to see if either have charged me. Nothing yet, but the longer this mess drags on, the more I'm hoping that Vive charge me first.

maxpare79
Trustee
@ThreeDeeVision  Your first mission ThreeDeeVision, if you accept it, is to confirm if the light flares in ED reported on both headsets  due to the Fresnel lens are as annoying as people make them to be. On the VIVE it would be less of a problem due to larger grooves in the Fresnel patterns...

This message will self-destruct in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 :smile: 
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
@notsram I was completely shocked to see that charge came before the Oculus charge.  They didn't send me any sort of warning email, so I didn't expect it until sometime next week (around April 5th).  It was definitely a welcome surprise though.

ThreeDeeVision
Superstar
@maxpare79 , I am really hoping ED will properly support the 1.3 runtime through Steam by the time my Rift gets here.  I would rather not re-download it (although I would if completely necessary).  ED is definitely going to be one of the first games I try.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@notsram I was completely shocked to see that charge came before the Oculus charge.  They didn't send me any sort of warning email, so I didn't expect it until sometime next week (around April 5th).  It was definitely a welcome surprise though.

I had the HTC 'your order is processing' email at the weekend. I have a May date on my Vive order, so not expecting to be charged just yet, but you never know...