cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate Booster — Thrill ride for CV1

steelfly
Explorer
Good news everyone!
GexagonVR proudly presents our new extreme experience — Ultimate Booster.
Topseller from TheRIftArcade (#2) and WeArVR finally comes for CV1!

6bofv63vbd4x.jpg

Take a ride on a huge 200m (600ft) swing with a breathtaking views of the city under your toes. Awesome graphics, a twisted ending and a powerful soundtrack from hot guys Totemlost!

"This is a brilliantly effective experience, and one that will shock and thrill anyone trying the Rift headset for the very first time <...> It’s full of little details that bring the ride to life, such as a virtual body that responds to gravity, cars that drive along the city streets, distance cranes and buildings to check out" — From The Rift Arcade review

"Wow, check out the city! I love it! That feels greate! Awesome!"  — Game Hard 4.0

"This is probably one of the craziest rides released on the Oculus Rift. Virtual reality roller coasters are nothing compared to this!" — Omar Sebali

"The city looks good, cars look good… Everything looks so good! Really high quality job and no lag at all." — VR Viking

And more youtubers to go 🙂

Right now you can download it from TheRiftArcade: http://theriftarcade.com/downloads/product/ultimate-booster-experience/

or WeArVR: https://www.wearvr.com/apps/ultimate-booster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zewtOtP3qo

You are a DK2 owner and even use 0.8 Runtime? Dont worry, we have a version for you too!

If you already have an older version — just re-download from that store in wich you bought:

Oculus Home page is in progress.

We recommend to show this experience to your friends and family — you'll have a lot of fun together! Its ultimate oculus-party starter! Also, you can try to stand on your feet all ride long for even more fun, but don't do this alone!

Some interesting facts:

• Actually, we wanted to create two experiences in one: player standing on the roof in the middle of large city, listening to city sounds, watching birds fly around and an extreme ride on giant swing with energy and modern soundtrack.
  • The city model is about 100 square kilometres and its all baked lighting!
  • There is an UFO.
  • For 2 month that took development we introduced to VR about 7 000 people in Eastern Europe with our Gexagon Demonstration Platforms Network. And its about 2 millions for last two years!

pb15od9jmzh1.jpg

hvpz8hdb4opx.jpg

yppajzdcdke5.jpg

Oleg S. GexagonVR team.

www.gex1.ru

contact email:

hello@gex1.ru

7 REPLIES 7

cybereality
Grand Champion
Here's the video embedded:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zewtOtP3qo

You just have to paste the YouTube.com URL as text (not YouTu.be).

Also looks nice. 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

AnotherCrazyCan
Adventurer
OoooOOOOooooh! The first version was the only ride to make me get the willies out of any I've tried, so you can bet I'll be purchasing this later!
Facebook bought Instagram. How exactly did they ruin them?

Amphetamine
Adventurer
Hey, @steelfly I bought this and I can get a little buzz from it but much less than the old one that was on Share for DK2.

Anyway, is there any chance that you'll make any updates for it now? I'd like to see an extreme ride pattern that focuses heavily on the sort of motion that causes sickness in some people, also the option of an endless ride mode.

Thanks!

steelfly
Explorer

Hey, @steelfly I bought this and I can get a little buzz from it but much less than the old one that was on Share for DK2.

Anyway, is there any chance that you'll make any updates for it now? I'd like to see an extreme ride pattern that focuses heavily on the sort of motion that causes sickness in some people, also the option of an endless ride mode.

Thanks!

Hi, this week huge update is coming to HTC Vive version (3 new extreme game modes include free fly, base jump and plank, two more next month).

We'll implement some of them (can't say which exactly) to Oculus version after Vive release only because we don't have Oculus Touch and they can't be shipped or sold to Russia legally, so sorry for now, guys.
We don't want to ship you this on Xbox controller so you'll get less emmersive experience then Vive users get.

We are trying to figure this out, maybe i'll made a trip to nothern europe in the end of the month and buy Touch there... This no-russia policy hurts us all 😞

P.S. Touch on Russian "black" market costs about 500-600$$

Amphetamine
Adventurer
If it's really good then the only thing I should be gripping is the arms of my chair 😜

Dammit.. I was thinking of buying it on steam since I had some wallet credit, then figured I'd get it on Rift store for the better performance instead....

Oh well, good luck with your quest for the touch!

KNP54
Heroic Explorer
@steelfly

I'm not sure if you've seen my post on the bug list I found on V1.6.... but at least in V1.7.1 touch is working. 🙂
However, there are a few remaining bugs that needs to be fixed:

City Ride and Desert Ride:
When I look straight up, my body/head position remains fixed in mid air until I look straight again then I return inside the ride seat.. This bug is quite game breaking and that's whats preventing me to show the experience to my friends/family.

Eagle Mode:
Head position is rotated 90 degree in respect to the eagle.
I have not found a way to start eagle mode from touch controllers. I have to start it with the mouse from the mirror menu.

Hope to have these bugs squashed and show the app to friends! 🙂

Specs: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, Deepcool Castle EX 360, 32GB Corsair Dominator RGB 3600MHz, Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming, Asus ROG Strix 3080ti, Corsair HX1000, Western Digital SN850 M.2 NVMe 2TB, Samgung 850 EVO 500GB & 840 EVO 500GB in raid0, Seagate Ironwolf 10TB, Corsair 4000D Airflow, Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 @ 100Hz, Acer V287K 3840x2160@ 60Hz, Oculus Rift S, Oculus Quest 2 256GB.

Kraffles
Explorer
I find I am starting on a platform in the city, can select to get to canyon, get the eagle flight 90 degrees to my left but cannot select anything else at all. When I press for main menu it just flickers the screen and doesnt give me a menu.
I am unable to play any ride other than the sideways eagle ride. Is anyone else having trouble running this now?