cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UPDATE: Defected left screen. Rift delivered to Oclulus.

Zuh
Adventurer
I have problem with the way my Rifts left screen is showing shadows. Hard to describe, its like shadows are displayed in 256 colours or something like that (while whole picture is displayed nicely). Right panel shows shadows properly. Please see pictures. You can clearly see which photo shows which screen. Rift is plugged directly into GTX970 and Inateck USB card. I have also installed newest nvidia drivers. On light scenes (like Invasion) I can not see any difference between screens- its only shadows that are strange. In games like Valkyrie it makes everything to look like hologram. Makes my eyes hurt. 

Despite that, Picture is nice and sharp. 

35t5y7jj5k70.jpg

qygkau8aa2gr.jpg
rkgdrulc3cx1.jpg

bpwk49788x2g.jpgoi36ba6kru24.jpgpj14k8v2cvme.jpgrqqggcv7mygg.jpg

Edit: Fixed some English (I hope) o:)
80 REPLIES 80

Zuh
Adventurer
And logs just in case 😉

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
Someone else had that.  The solution was a tool to disable SPUD.

I have no idea what SPUD is but it made me think of 

Zuh
Adventurer
Should I look for the tool by my self, or is it something dedicated provided by Oclulus?

And what the hell is SPUD? 😛

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Yeah someone else posted an issue with the Left side (iirc) having red spots, which was resolved when SPUD was disabled. Although it seems a temporary fix while working with support.

FYI, Vive users are reporting similar problems:
https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/411970/tesselated-landscape-in-vr-broken-textures-with-ht...
"Broken Textures in Right Eye"

Zuh
Adventurer
In my case shadows appear like made only by blue, red, pink and black colour. In general I like picture in Rift (even on left screen) as long as game is bright. Project Cars and War Thunder looks amazing but dark games are unpleasant. I really hope for the solution.  

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer
In case you don't see my response to you in my thread, I'm having the same problem as you.  Contact support and send them your logs.  You'll be sent the tool to disable SPUD, report your findings and then join the waiting game for a software fix.

Zuh
Adventurer
@goldenegg if this is software, why there is no more people reporting this? Is it ralated to specific setups or something?

I have submitted ticket at the same time I have started this thread.

Zuh
Adventurer
@cybereality is there any chance you could ask support to send me SPUD tool before weekend? 

And do you know anything more specific about the issue? what causes that? 

GoldenRetroGames
Heroic Explorer

Zuhook said:

@goldenegg if this is software, why there is no more people reporting this? Is it ralated to specific setups or something?

I have submitted ticket at the same time I have started this thread.

There's a bunch of people reporting this problem, but they're all over at Reddit.  There's been a general exodus from this forum, due to all the trolls and such.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?