cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fated User Reviews

Shadowmask72
Honored Visionary
Please post your rating of this game taking into consideration fun factor, value for money, overall polish and using the following criteria if you have purchased/played the game:

5 Stars - Awesome Must Buy
4 Stars - Very Good Not essential.
3 Stars - Average 
2 Stars - Below Average
1 Star  - Poor/ Avoid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UL0zpbN-R1Y

System Specs: MSI NVIDIA RTX 4090 , i5 13700K CPU, 32GB DDR 4 RAM, Win 11 64 Bit OS.
7 REPLIES 7

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Killer story, fun graphics, but as many have stated... it's rather short.

maxpare79
Trustee
Found it super short... Pretty much a walking simulator.. Zen and you say the story was killer, unless there are different endings?? I didn't feel that way... When I got to the end, I was like "That's it? That can't be it? There must be some other episode on the way? Then the credit roll... I was rather disappointed with it
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
The ending was a shocker and a bit heart-felt. But I knew that going in to it since I read that pretty much everywhere on the web. I wasn't expecting that particular character to end in that way, which is what shocked me.

I can see how Fated could fail to meet expectations. I wish it had been longer, but everything else about it was pretty fantastic imo.

CrashFu
Consultant
So when's part 2 coming?  And I'm not saying that because of the length of the experience, I'm saying it because (without getting into any spoilers) they REALLY went out of their way to set up a plot-line and a whole big mystery that needs to be solved and this mission that has to be fulfilled and then boom sudden tragedy and a credit roll before any of those things are seen to their conclusion (or really start, even)

If not for that, or if I knew for sure that a sequel was in the works, I would have voted a 5, because holy crap, Fated is the kind of beautiful, atmospheric adventure I bought a Rift to experience!  The world they set up is so vibrant and colorful (the art style actually reminds me a lot of the Torchlight franchise, which I'm a big fan of), the story was really engrossing, and I wanted to get to know the characters better..

Also, it was a LOT more thrilling/frightening in places than I was expecting.  Again, no spoilers, but there's a really tense action scene that pops up unexpectedly, and at another point I got to see how much scarier a certain cliched dungeon trap can be when you're face-to-face with it in VR.  :cold_sweat:

It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Gwiz84
Heroic Explorer
Ill give it a 4 due to the lack of content on the store generally and the fact that this was one of the more enjoyable experiences.

As mentioned it's way too short and there's abit too much walking aswell, the action sequence on the horse carriage fx was awesome, it would have gotten a 5 if it was longer and there was more action sequences like that.

TjckTock
Explorer
Really beautiful world and effects.  Was really impressed when I first started playing.  Really shows potential. But the puzzled are too easy - way too easy - may have well just told the story on autopilot.  Also way too short.  Was left thinking "what?  that's it?"

juup87
Protege
Two stars because length and price. It's kind of indresting demo but i can't recommended it to anyone because it's too short and high priced.