cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New software update for oculus app won't install

Sparky613
Explorer
Hey everyone. I just went to get on my gear VR and when I opened the oculus app it said I need to do an upgrade. I tap upgrade now and it looks like it doing its thing. It has the downloading symbol in the notification bar. After about 10 seconds upgrade now pops back up. It says do not use gear VR until I do the upgrade. Not sure what to do. Any help out there? Thanks for your time!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CorvusVR
Protege
Maybe try going to the Application Info for Oculus and clearing data/cache.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Hi Sparky, you could try installing it when the phone isn't in the Gear VR.  Reboot phone, then click on the Oculus app and see if you can do the update.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Sparky613
Explorer
Morning Andy. Thanks for the info. My phone actually isn't in the gear VR when I try a different do the update. It's when you first try and open the oculus app to put the phone in the headset that the update screen pops up. I've restarted my phone and all that. I actually did a software update on my note 5 right before I tried to open the oculus app. I wonder if that might have something to do with it.

CorvusVR
Protege
Maybe try going to the Application Info for Oculus and clearing data/cache.  Good luck!

scrofts
Honored Guest
Sparky613 I have a note 5 as well and it's doing the same exact thing.

jbal52
Honored Guest
I have an S7 Edge and it told me to remove the phone from my VR to update. It appears the update was downloaded OK but over half an hour passed and it hasn't insalled

sagster01
Honored Guest
I have the same problem with my S7 Edge

targman2
Honored Guest
I am having the same issues with a S7 edge.
I uninstalled the software. Then reinstalled. Nothing! Help

markvr79
Honored Guest
anche a me ha Chiesto aggiornamento e adesso non  funziona piu su galaxy s 7

plaguerages
Honored Guest
Hey any solution to this just bought it today 😞