/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus Friends List (MEGATHREAD)

ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 6,392 Power Poster
edited December 2016 in General
This Megathread has been updated due to the success it has in increasing the heck out of our Oculus Home Friends List. For those of you looking to add people feel free to send a request to anyone and everyone in this thread; and be sure to introduce yourself.

I would recommend that you simply go through the list and add everyone individually. It makes it easier than having everyone seek you out. Also keep in mind that there is an "expiration" timer with all Friend Requests in Oculus Home, yet people do not always log in daily. If a friend request expires, just send it again later.

If I notice a Friend Request has expired and wasn't re-sent, I will simply send the request right back to you. As of today there are no major interactive features in Oculus Home in regards to being directly social with friends. Although we have heard from Oculus that such updates are coming soon. The best we can do for now is view what applications we are logged in to (based on Privacy Settings) and then stalk each other.

For now, just keep on adding so that we can stress test the hell outta their software when the social update(s) go live.

EDIT

I added the Google Sheet and Steam Group information as provided by @Hollywood

Multiplayer game listing and friends/contact Google sheet**:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R1BAzgTydxK0oDvOoq6YO8wcANWCayGt6mulcWHWAM8/edit#gid=0

**Considerations for amending the Google Sheet:
  • If you enter text into a field that expands over into another column - please click into that box then at the top of the menu, select Format > Text Wrapping > Wrap
  • Try to keep to some standard that matches others time zone and availability where possible. We'll clean it as we go

Reddit Oculus forum :
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/

Reddit page for weekly events:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/5i7e96/roculus_multiplayer_initiative_schedule_now_with/

Steam group :
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/oculus_rift

No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.
When I ask you what is 1+1, you will say, it depends on how much frog is in the water.
Tagged:

Comments

• OpticKingOpticKing Posts: 1,128 Poster of the Week
    Welp, you'll be my first fwend evarz if you accept. :wink:
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 6,392 Power Poster
    Hooray! Added :smile:
    When I ask you what is 1+1, you will say, it depends on how much frog is in the water.
  • OpticKingOpticKing Posts: 1,128 Poster of the Week
    If anyone wishes to expand my list, add OpticKing.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 21,334 Oculus Staff
    Yeah, feel free to add me: cybereality
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    PowerColor RX 480 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 556
    Neo
    Will do when I get home. Kzintzi 
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,513
    Project 2501
    EliteSPA
    71AWBj.png
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 SLI | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz
  • BloodletBloodlet Posts: 690
    Neo
    I keep getting random friend requests. Most of which I accept but to be honest I still can't see the point of the friends list if there's no way to interact with them.
    You can see when your friends are in a social VR network, like Alt Space. Then jump in and talk away.
  • FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,222 Valuable Player
    Feel free to add me: FrozenPea :)
  • AndrewJ71AndrewJ71 Posts: 263
    Nexus 6
    Added all y'all.

(And i think our Home names are all basically the same as our Forum names here - so no real need to tell you mine). :)

• Shadowmask72Shadowmask72 Posts: 2,192 Valuable Player
    I've added a few people from these forums but I rarely see anyone online aside from Cybereality (maybe it's a time difference thing)  I am always looking for people to beat or be challenged in high score tables in some games so feel free to add me (shadowmask72).

System Specs: GTX 1080 ti , i7 4790K CPU, 16 GB RAM, Win 10 64 Bit OS.
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 556
    Neo
    Are there anyone in Australian timezones in here??
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.
  • pjennesspjenness Posts: 652
    Neo
    kzintzi said:
    is NZ close enough?
    Drift VFX Visual, Virtual , Vertical

Want 970GTX on Macbook for good FPS?
    https://forums.oculus.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=17349
  • MarrukkahMarrukkah Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    Well, Marrukah here. Add me if you wish :)
  • AndrewJ71AndrewJ71 Posts: 263
    Nexus 6
    kzintzi said:
    Well, I saw you accepted my friend request. NSW  here. :)

(you won't really see me online for a few days, though. Have to leave at 4:30am to fly to Brisbane for work tomorrow)
  • zbosonzboson Posts: 869 Poster of the Week
    zboson, add me if you wish B)
  • NjayNLNjayNL Posts: 137
    Art3mis
    njaynl you can add me as well
  • mikjacmikjac Posts: 22
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    mikjac, feel free to add me, central europe time :smile:
  • ShiftyIncShiftyInc Posts: 120
    Art3mis
    Feel free to add me as well: ShiftyInc
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 2,560 Valuable Player
    I've added a bunch of the forum regulars, and I generally accept all the random requests I get, but I've yet to actually do anything with the friends list. Anyway, feel free to add me if you're looking to pad your list, same name as here.
    i7 5820K 4.25 GHz | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair LPX 32GB DDR4 3000 | Corsair Hydro H100i | Corsair HX750
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1 TB | Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
  • JeffNikJeffNik Posts: 78
    Hiro Protagonist
    Feel free to add "JeffNik"
  • twisteklabstwisteklabs Posts: 412
    Nexus 6
    Add me if you want to. twisteklabs
    CPU: Intel i5-4690K
    Mobo: ASUS Z97-AR
    Ram: 8GB 1600MHz
    Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC
  • nAV2016nAV2016 Posts: 508
    Trinity
    add me :)
  • Gwiz84Gwiz84 Posts: 285
    Nexus 6
    Feel free to add me I'm the only one in my IRL circle of friends who has a rift... sometimes I get a little lonely in that big vr house of mine xD
    I've been writing lots of code since I posted this, so I'll confirm the friend requests tonight. just fyi
    edited July 2016
    There are more features in the pipeline that will utilize the friends-list.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    PowerColor RX 480 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • LZoltowskiLZoltowski Posts: 2,054 Volunteer Moderator
    edited July 2016
    im on there as .... DRUM ROLL ... LZoltowski .... :) Feel free to poke me ... just not too hard.

I just noticed, it seems to be the same as your forum name heh
    Core i7-7700k | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
    ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 
    Yeah, the Oculus username is your forum name too.
  • cero490cero490 Posts: 156
    Art3mis
    cero490 on Oculus and Steam, feel free to add
    Just approved 7 requests. woohoo!

Hopefully there's some multiplayer battle royale coming soon lol