cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xbox controller buttons in home no longer working

evil1
Honored Guest
I just installed the Windows 10 Anniversary update and now none of the Xbox one buttons work in home, with the exception of the sync button.
The controller appears to be connected ok in Oculus home Devices.
I have uninstalled the xbox drivers/reinstalled, rebooted etc to no avail.
the Joypad cpl applet shows the controller working ok, this may be a coincidence, but the controller was working fine in home yesterday before the Windows 10 update.
Anyone else having this issue?
60 REPLIES 60

christopherbarn
Adventurer
I'm having an issue now as well. It connects for a second ( the light turns solid white ) and then shuts off. Yes, the batteries are good.

vlodato
Adventurer
It's happens to me before but closing oculus home then reopening it has fixed it every time I think once I had to reboot but I have seen it before. That fact yours is still not working is puzzling. All the times it wasn't working the oculus home button would work but not the joysticks. I personally think it has something to do with oculus home prioritizing the eye selecting over the game pad sticks but honestly that's out of my realm as I'm not a software engineer.you could always roll back the update or use a restore point from before the update to rule out the update being the issue.

cybereality
Grand Champion
This is a known issue. Just unplugging / replugging the controller should fix it.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

christopherbarn
Adventurer
My problem started with the new Win10 update they rolled out yesterday. Unplugging/replugging doesn't fix my issue. This isn't an Oculus problem, it's a Win 10 Anniversary issue that affects Oculus. 

vlodato
Adventurer

My problem started with the new Win10 update they rolled out yesterday. Unplugging/replugging doesn't fix my issue. This isn't an Oculus problem, it's a Win 10 Anniversary issue that affects Oculus. 

not sure if you saw my post earlier. you can roll that update back with a restore point.(windows usually always makes a restore point when an update is installed). someone might chime in with a more simple way to roll back the update..

christopherbarn
Adventurer

vlodato said:

not sure if you saw my post earlier. you can roll that update back with a restore point.(windows usually always makes a restore point when an update is installed). someone might chime in with a more simple way to roll back the update..

Until the update is forced on you...
It also bricked my laptop, so I'm dealing with that too 😞

cybereality
Grand Champion
Try starting the game you are trying to play first, then unplugging / replugging the controllers. Let me know if that helps at all. As I mentioned, we are aware of the issue and are in contact with Microsoft to try to figure out how to resolve. Sorry for the inconvenience.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

christopherbarn
Adventurer
That doesn't work. I get the same result just rebooting and not even having Oculus Home started. The controller and receiver blink, they find each other and the lights goes solid for 2 seconds, then they both shut off.

vlodato
Adventurer
Unless your using automatic updates iv never been "forced" to update. Like I said if you truly think it's because of the update I would restore back to before the update and use manual updates instead of auto updates. Hope you sort the issue out as I know it must be frustrating.