cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IL2 to get VR support?

Techy111
MVP
MVP
I heard through the grapevine that IL2 will be getting VR support on the next patch? Anyone heard this news or have a link to the news ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

141 REPLIES 141

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just Vive support for now it seems. Good news though.

http://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12826-game-updates/?p=367267

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Cheers for the link. I take it vive gets the support because of the big dx9 fallout with oculus? I hope we don't have to wait long. This game has always been one of my favourites. And if they do vr support for Rise of Flight I'll be in heaven 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Isn't that just BoS?

Oh - and zero chance of it in RoF unless a 3rd party comes up with something. Was watching a discussion on this somewhere I don't remember and it seems there will be naff-all updates to RoF in the foreseeable, if ever.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

Techy111
MVP
MVP
BoS will do for now mate and I bet RoF won't be far behind 😉

lion737
Honored Guest
VR for IL2 is out ! It's the best VR experience I had so far - just WOW

...runs on Rift and Vive  (i have the Rift)

Techy111
MVP
MVP
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/50706/full-vr-support-for-il2-battle-of-stalingrad-co...

🙂 and it's very good. Try the HE111 it's awesome !!!

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Any way to get the washed out colour sorted when inside the cockpit? When I stick my head out of the cockpit the fields look great, but inside the cockpit the fields and things look washed out. Can you change the transparency of the cockpit windows to correct this by any chance?

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Not too sure on that, mine won't even start after my driver update 😞

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

Techy111 said:

Not too sure on that, mine won't even start after my driver update 😞

What driver update is that?