cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus 1.7 Hot-Fix Update (Xbox Gamepad in Home)

cybereality
Grand Champion
You may receive soon, or have already received an update to the Oculus app. This update attempts to work around a Windows 10 Anniversary Update bug with using Xbox controllers. The update enables Oculus Home to work with the latest version of Windows using the Xbox controllers. However other apps can still have problems.

If you are still experiencing issues using an Xbox controller here are some additional troubleshooting steps:
  • Ensure all Windows Updates are current
  • Update Xbox controller firmware via Xbox Accessories App
  • Power cycle Xbox controller after launching the App
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
14 REPLIES 14

AGL1
Protege
How can I tell which version of Oculus I am running?

moggie007
Expert Protege
in oculus home goto settings then general at the bottom of that page the version number is there.

OH BTW MY CONTROLLER STILL ISN,T WORKING AAAAAGGGGHHHHH!

cybereality
Grand Champion
Everyone should automatically be on the latest version by now. And, yes, the Xbox One controller is still not fully working. Trying the above tricks may work for some games but we are still waiting for a real solution.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is the problem only with the Xbone? does anyone know if this affects the Logitech wheel? 

Nij
Heroic Explorer
I had the issue where it didnt work on oculus home but I just launched the games with the remote and then the controller worked fine in game

@PKRipper my g920 stopped working straight after the anniversary update but windows installed a device update and asked me to reboot then it was working fine again

@cybereality - Does oculus home and all your games update automatically now even when you haven't launched oculus home, like in the background or something, cause I used to see updates for my games in my library but I haven't seen any for ages so was getting bit worried and I've just launched oculus home now and it didn't say anything about an update but I checked the version and it said 1.7 and I don't remember seeing any pop ups saying it would update previously, Thanks
Headsets: DK1 Kickstarter edition, DK2, Rift CV!, Oculus Go, Rift S, HP Reverb G2 System: i7-8086K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz, 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

cybereality
Grand Champion
Yes, the updates can happen in the background and you may not notice.

Nij
Heroic Explorer
ahh cool, awesome! well all is working for me now anyway,

On a side note, I just had my mind completely blown by the elevator ritual!! 😄
Headsets: DK1 Kickstarter edition, DK2, Rift CV!, Oculus Go, Rift S, HP Reverb G2 System: i7-8086K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming, 16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz, 11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1080 Ti, 1TB SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2, Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
still same issue. Have to turn controller on after game started. This is some serious ineptitude on Microsofts part : / 

mniromaa
Explorer
I have App Version 1.7.0.263882 (1.7.0.262766) and controller does not work. I wonder if i got the patch.
I connected controller with USB cable, windows wanted to reboot computer and after reboot my controller is working again.

There is no option to download oculus app patch.

Thanks.