cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you change the CV1 Hdmi cable?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Can you change the hdmi cable for the CV1? I don't need to do this but I'm just thinking if it developed a fault. I see it is attached near the left lens but can you pull this out? I know the Dk2 allowed you to remove the hdmi at the front of the headset
6 REPLIES 6

cybereality
Grand Champion
Sorry, the cable is proprietary. Standard HDMI cables won't work. However, the cable can be removed, so (if under warranty) you can receive a replacement from Oculus. We also may sell components in the future, but I'm not sure when or if that will happen. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Sgt_Vanover
Honored Guest
When will a much longer replacement cable for the CV1 be available for purchase?

Sgt_Vanover
Honored Guest
When will a much longer HDMI cable for the CV1 be available for purchase

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I think you would lose signal with a longer one. 

HankTV
Protege
At least using a rage cable 15ft  (hdmi+usb 3.0) you wouldn't loose any signal. Most roomscale players like me are using that special cable option without any further problems.

Duffvader
Protege
I already purchased a replacement cable for my HMD. It's a little bit hidden on the store. But there is a store for replacement parts. 

Edit: https://www.oculus.com/accessories/

You are welcome.