cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Setup Cant Connect to Server

treendy
Sightseer
When here: https://www3.oculus.com/en-us/setup/
and download the file, I run it, it shows black square saying "Welcome to Rift", I click "Lets Go", I click "Agree" for the terms and conditions then I get the following message (still on the black square)

"Cant Connect
It looks like we cant reach the oculus server.
Please check your connection.
[Quit]"

I have internet connection, doesn anyone know why I am getting this error? Searched google and cant see anyone else has reported it
16 REPLIES 16

garciaja
Honored Guest
I am having the same problem did anyone ever get back to you?  Such a huge let down.  Will probably return my headset 😞

oculus_dzne
Explorer
I checked with customer support yesterday, and they figured out a solution that solved my problem: 

If you run Windows 7 (our company Alienwares do) update your .Net framework to 4.6 at least. This solved it for me. Sadly, the error message "Can't connect" is apparently used as a one fits all, but does not actually mean that the servers are not reachable. 

Hope I was able to help someone!

buzzdog303
Honored Guest
yeah same problem here im very disappointed as ive now had my cv1 sitting in the box for a fortnight and spent a load of money on a high spec pc and graphics card only to find that i cant even get past step one installing a bit of software very poor show indeed

Vic20
Protege
I had same issue on windows 7.    downloaded the .Net framework to 4.6 and it solved the problem.

prezjt
Honored Guest
Just confirming as well: "I had same issue on windows 7.    downloaded the .Net framework to 4.6 and it solved the problem."

In addition, I used the command prompt to install:
OculusSetup /drive:E

BubblesAreAweso
Honored Guest
but i have windows 10

cybereality
Grand Champion
Windows 10 should come with the .NET framework. You might have another issue, like a conflict with anti-virus software.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

ersimmons
Honored Guest
I purchased the Rift and had the same problems.  I even purchased a VR ready video card.  In addition I've done all the above updated and additions.  Oculus should provide a disk like most companys use to.  I think I'll return tho Rift  and try the Vive.