cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Platform SDK with Unity UNET

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm currently trying to figure out how to use your Networking stuff. In my understanding I should use your P2P methods to submit data from/to the players. Is this right?

It seems that this is alot of overhead, since Unity already has functionality, that does all the data transmission. I want to avoid reimplementing all the data transmitting stuff.

So my question: Is it possible to use your Platform SDK to create rooms/matches and then once the room is established, connecting the players via Unitys UNET Framework? Please keep in mind, that I don't want to use UNETS matchmaking stuff.

Wouldn't it be nice to have that functionality in your Platform SDK for Unity? Or am I missing something?
1 REPLY 1

charles_beyer
Protege
Hey crazybunch.  There is no requirement to use the Platform SDK networking - it is separate from Rooms and Matchmaking.  I've not used Unity's UNET before, but it shouldn't be much more work.  Whatever extra information you need to establish the network connection and punch through any NAT's can be added to the room data store.  Then each client should receive that information if they are subscribed to room updates.