cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HMDI Not Connected - Need some feedback on what to do

TC1999
Adventurer
Ok so at the beginning of November HMDI not connected issue started for me as it has for many others. I would be playing in Elite and all of a sudden the rift would go black and when if finally came back I would have a black screen with audio. This probably sounds familiar to some of you.

It did this only once before November in the summer, I've had the rift from beginning of July.

I've contacted support and they want to replace it.

However after reinstalled windows and resetting my bios the system has been working for the last three days with no issues. I did have issues of the HMD and sensor freaking out so I've moved them off the inateck card and put them both on the motherboard intel usb ports. Before reinstalling I would have HMDI drop outs regardless on what port I used, it would drop the HMDI in about 10 to 20 minutes of using it.

At first I was convinced it was a hardware fault as it felt like it was doing it when I adjusted the headset.

But now I can play for hours and smack the unit around, pull the cable and all is good besides the mild bit of abuse i'm giving it......man so confusing......  

I have 6 Intel usb 3 ports, 2 Asmedia 3.1 ports and the Inateck card.

Since doing this the only issue I have had is the sensor saying not connected after I take the headset off like it was doing after the 1.7 update.

I'm now in a dilemma do I return my unit just in case there is an intermittent hardware fault or stick with it, especially as my touch is arriving today 🙂

The help I need is, have any of you had your rift replaced for HMDI issues and the replacement units working well?

Also has anybody had this issue and been able to resolve it without sending the unit back either by an update or reinstalling the system.

Right now my system is working almost as good as when I first had it, besides the minor sensor issue that is more annoying than anything else.  

Be great to have some feedback.

Cheers
TC

0 REPLIES 0