New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,388 Valuable Player
I will get this going! 

Just went through the tutorial, the UI is sooo easy to use, picked it up right away. I do have experience with 3D in Maya but still!

Here is my first sculpt, took me about an hour to do :) 

Tagged:

Comments

• micahganskemicahganske Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Nice work, FrozenPea!  I'm probably more excited for Medium than any other Touch program. Since it's voxel-based, or at the very least voxel-like, it's a very exciting tool for concept work.  Zbrush may have dynamesh, but I've never seen a sculpting tool that makes creating complex forms so easy. No more dealing with boolean operations, or remeshing in order to get more evenly distributed polygons, you just plop more mass on your object wherever you want and it makes it a nice clean solid!  I'll probably do all the early stage design work for my sculptures in Medium and then refine in Zbrush. 

• FrozenPeaFrozenPea Posts: 2,388 Valuable Player
    @Zenbane awh man sorry to hear! cant wait to see what you make when you get Touch! :)

@micahganske yeah i was most excited for Medium as well and it really didnt dissapointed! the learning curve is really great and i didnt feel put off at all by the UX. I cant wait till they add more features! 
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 1,366 Poster of the Week
    FrozenPea said:
    I will get this going! 

Just went through the tutorial, the UI is sooo easy to use, picked it up right away. I do have experience with 3D in Maya but still!

Here is my first sculpt, took me about an hour to do :) 

wow

you make this Señor??
    this is both fun and awesome

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
    @vannagirl thanks! yeah i made it with Oculus Medium :) Its based of Adventure Time!
  • MrKuddenMrKudden Posts: 17
    NerveGear
    Wow im really impressed! I'm gonna try make something tomorrow. Didn't have the time for more than the tutorial. Too many games to try the first day haha
    No idea what to make though, probably nothing even close to the quality of your work ;D
    @MrKudden Thanks! :) Well I was surprised it came out so well to be honest! Just looking at some reference images online before you start sculpting or doing things like trees are pretty fun and easy to do!

I'm probably just gonna sculpt some more cartoon stuff for the time being as they all have simple shapes
  • littlearthurlittlearthur Posts: 22
    Brain Burst
    edited December 2016
    Mine arrived at 5:00pm today Driver said he still had 5 more in the van UPS in England 
  • SolslandSolsland Posts: 278
    Nexus 6
    My order was shown as shipping 5th delivery 6th.  2 weeks ago it changed from shipping 5th delivery 7th no sign of it at 5pm today, Amazon assured me it will be here tomorrow.  Not holding my breath...
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 2,446 Volunteer Moderator
    Sorry,  I didn't mean to sidetrack this thread with delivery issues... there are enough threads for that already!

Fantastic sculptures here... I can't imagine any other 3D packages where results would be this good after the first use! truly points the way for VR becoming the default medium for design in the future. Keep these coming... love it
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, Asus X99-Deluxe, oh no my PC died
    edited December 2016
    Bankie said:

Got my Touch controllers today, and it's clear to see where my talents lie (clue: elsewhere).

curiously not dissimilar to your profile pic there @Bankie ;& I get the feeling you had fun regardless of what you think of the results!

Bankie -> Banksy ???

Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, Asus X99-Deluxe, oh no my PC died
  • TraprockTraprock Posts: 126
    Art3mis
    Damn, some of you are talented.  I made a dented blob.

• BankieBankie Posts: 6
    NerveGear

curiously not dissimilar to your profile pic there @Bankie ;& I get the feeling you had fun regardless of what you think of the results!

Bankie -> Banksy ???

I am obviously his alter-ego. Yes, this (and the other Touch stuff) has been fun, rivalling the initial experience of Oculus earlier in the year.
    it's not often I read a post 3 times and laugh each time
  • KevinLongtimeKevinLongtime Posts: 282
    Nexus 6
    edited December 2016

First go at using Medium after doing the opening tutorial... Wanted the green blobs to be luminescent, but haven't been able to find it or metallic within the settings for colours  :'(  

Being able to record is a nice built in feature, but have no way to convert the .rec file used. Loving medium so far :smiley:

whoop... found it :smiley: pull down on the support controller thumb stick [layers menu], then hit the settings button on the tool controller. 
    That is so cool looking haha!

Man a these are all great! Thanks for sharing guys.
  • PKRipperPKRipper Posts: 173
    Art3mis
    When I "save as" where is it saving the file?
    CPU: i7-4790k
    SSD: Samsung EVO 1TB
    SSD: PNY SSD240GB
    Graphics Card: GTX 1070
    A bunch of parts that make the magic happen!
  • PKRipperPKRipper Posts: 173
    Art3mis
    Found it

CPU: i7-4790k
    SSD: Samsung EVO 1TB
    SSD: PNY SSD240GB
    Graphics Card: GTX 1070
    A bunch of parts that make the magic happen!
  • everfireeverfire Posts: 24
    Brain Burst
    P3nT4gR4m said:
    Are we allowed to post second sculpts here? THIS IS TOOOO MUCH FUN!!!

Oculus, Facebook, whoever - chuck stupid money at this team they are godlike visionaries! Well played Medium people I am in love with your software.

Wow, that's both cute and evil at the same time!  :D

Man, I wish there were more hours in the day to try all these amazing Touch apps  :o