cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bullet Train VR Demo (Oculus Touch Gameplay)

Thatiam
Protege
Bullet Train is the latest VR experience from Epic Games, creators of the popular Showdown VR demo. Staying true to form, Epic puts you in the middle of the action: Use motion controls in the role of an agent undergoing an infiltration simulation set inside a modern train station. Master the art of teleportation, time manipulation, and close-quarters combat to blast through resistance forces. Thanks to Unreal Engine technology and the Oculus Touch motion controllers, you can physically interact with an array of weapons, from guns to grenades to missiles, and even feel them through haptic feedback. Get Unreal Engine 4 for free at unrealengine.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUgoIWvTH_U&spfreload=10
15 REPLIES 15

inovator
Consultant
Awsome demo! I would love bullet train the full game.

jmalmsten
Adventurer

inovator said:

Awsome demo! I would love bullet train the full game.

I'm pretty sure they never did a full game of Bullet Train... but Robot Recall that comes early next year is supposedly what the team did as a fully fleshed out game using what they learned from Bullet Train. So you can wait for that one at least.

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
I hope they give a walking option cause teleporting while being shot at or trying to shoot just sucks

OpticKing
Expert Trustee

I hope they give a walking option cause teleporting while being shot at or trying to shoot just sucks

Sounds like you need to take advantage of a key feature of bullet train. Holding the teleport button allows you to slow time while you aim for the next teleport, but there's no limit on it and you can fire freely while in it.

I was having a blast playing with this feature being a complete badass the whole time until the game told me I had 30 seconds remaining.
 So, **spoiler** I promptly used the bullet time to  throw all 5 rockets back at the boss in 1 go killing him **end of spoiler**

I would love to play ANY of what they came up with for bullet train.

everfire
Protege
This was the first game/demo I tried after the First Contact setup...........I enjoyed it so much I did it 3 times in a row!!

After I realised I could actually flick the bullets back at them, i was shooting with the left hand and flicking the bullets away/back at the enemies........the grin on my face just got bigger at this point  😄

If Robot Recall is this and more then it's on my shopping list for sure  🙂

nAV2016
Heroic Explorer
is this a demo u can actually play

CrashFu
Consultant

nAV2016 said:

is this a demo u can actually play

Yeah, you can install it for free.

Played through this tonight and I was laughing out loud.  RoboRecall was already one of the titles I'm most looking forward to, and now that I've finally played it's, uh.. spiritual predecessor slash more-or-less demo, I'm REALLY psyched for it now.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer

OpticKing said:

Sounds like you need to take advantage of a key feature of bullet train. Holding the teleport button allows you to slow time while you aim for the next teleport, but there's no limit on it and you can fire freely while in it.

I was having a blast playing with this feature being a complete badass the whole time until the game told me I had 30 seconds remaining.
 So, **spoiler** I promptly used the bullet time to  throw all 5 rockets back at the boss in 1 go killing him **end of spoiler**

I would love to play ANY of what they came up with for bullet train.

Aha, I'll give it a go again. It was first night trying many Touch titles and I wasn't very alert lol

Luciferous
Consultant
This demo is awesome, cannot wait for Robo Recall.