New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

My DIY Gun Stock for Touch

Khyber_GTKhyber_GT Posts: 22
Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
edited December 2016 in General
i can't even begin to tell you how much easier it is with my front hand not moving like crazy and now that it is steady! I got a couple of kills and instantly worth the $25 I spent to make it.

Comments

• Khyber_GTKhyber_GT Posts: 22
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    I've seen video of myself playing dead and buried... pretty ridiculous lol 
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    hey now... don't diss the turtles! 
  • DaftnDirectDaftnDirect Posts: 2,446 Volunteer Moderator
    I hope there aren't a pair of urinals somewhere causing a stink
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, Asus X99-Deluxe, oh no my PC died
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    ?
  • leo1954auleo1954au Posts: 322
    Nexus 6
    Wish I had that much space to play in instead of the 15 x 5 ft I have but my wife would kill me if I moved my setup to the lounge room
  • kevink808kevink808 Posts: 781 Poster of the Week
    .TwoHedWlf said:
    Just more evidence...You'll never look cool playing VR...
    Ain't that the truth.
    Currently playing: Witcher 3 & DOOM | Gear: Liquid cooled MSI Z170A PC Mate | Intel i7-6700K | 32GB DDR4 SDRAM 3000 Mhz | GeForce GTX 1080, Acer Predator XB241H G-Sync, Rift/Touch/3 cams.
    Khyber_GT said:
    ?
    Only joking... the plumbing looked familiar! 
    Intel 5820K OC@4Ghz, Titan X, 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4, Asus X99-Deluxe, oh no my PC died
  • TraprockTraprock Posts: 126
    Art3mis
    Is that schedule 40 or 80 PVC?
  • LordQuakeLordQuake Posts: 165
    Art3mis
    Always play with the lights off, that way you don't look ridiculous as nobody can see you, and tracking works better - Win Win. I forgot to close the blinds one day and my neighbour was asking my other half if I had taken up Zumba as she saw me jumping around waving my arms in the air.
    @LordQuake, I was thinking the same thing... I'm about to migrate my VR to the living room which is easily looked into from the street. I think the blinds will be down even though VR is cool, I'm not when I'm playing!
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    edited December 2016
    only people ever see me playing is my kids and my wife in an all black room with a fake wall built in front of the window for my projector screen... my wife knows I'm a geek... so i could care less what I look like.  lol

Traprock said:
    Is that schedule 40 or 80 PVC?

all I got left to do is paint it all black...but it won't stop raining.
  • HoIIywoodHoIIywood Posts: 320
    Nexus 6
    You should lower the grip side so that sits at least half an inch beneath the stock sided/first controller. 
    Also, when inserting the controller into the holes, does it go all the way in and is resting underneath the trigger, or did you fill the edge of the rim so it's thinner and props up the controller slightly so that you're finger is not on both the trigger and the pipe simultaneously?

You could also do with some hooks on the controller piping for convenience.
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    edited December 2016
    can't lower it. then my fingers would hit the bottom of the ypipe and I wouldn't be able to grip it.  when you don't need to move you can grip it in several different places.  1. beneath the controller and anywhere on the bottom underneath the ypipe and pvc.  don't have to have your hand on the front controller 24/7

I have foam in the pvc where the controllers go in to hold them since the controller handles aren't round. 

what you mean hooks on the controller piping?
  • stu81stu81 Posts: 17
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    edited December 2016
    Can u still press the grip buttons or have u cut a groove for them to slide in?

Im trying to use an adjustable walking stick as the main body as it has holes already drilled the whole length of it and already has a handle that lookes like a stock. Just need to find a cup thing to bolt onto it thats not to invasive in my hand.
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    can still press them
  • Baz_uKBaz_uK Posts: 136
    Art3mis
    ......I don't get it? 
  • falken76falken76 Posts: 1,609 Poster of the Week
    TwoHedWlf said:
    Just more evidence...You'll never look cool playing VR...
    Apparently you missed the TMNT adult PJ Pants.  Ten cool points for the themed pants alone.
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    Baz_uK said:
    ......I don't get it? 
    what don't you get?
  • ImeleonImeleon Posts: 98
    Hiro Protagonist
    Nice work. Been waiting for someone to do a prototype. Wasn't sure the piping approach would work. 
  • jonkellingjonkelling Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    lol those are the same pants I'm wearing right now.
  • danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,525
    3Jane
    does it work well with the sniper rifle in dead and buried? 

whenever i try and use that thing, when i hold it up to look through the scope, it feels all unnatural like its too long and being held 2 feet away from my chest
    But it could buy me a boat
    It could buy me a truck to pull it
    It could buy me a Yeti 110 iced down with some silver bullets
  • Techy111Techy111 Posts: 3,587 Valuable Player
    lol those are the same pants I'm wearing right now.
    You share pyjamas ? Give them back to him :)
    A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.
    And FlyInside Forum Admin.
  • Atmos73Atmos73 Posts: 1,769
    Project 2501
    It looks similar to my Vive stock.

Ive been using this for months now and couldn't play Onward without it. Made from spare pipe it cost me nothing and I filed and glued the parts together.
  • BloodletBloodlet Posts: 690
    Neo
    edited January 12
    That looks awesome @Imeleon.
    Looks like I'll be taking a trip to Wickes at the weekend.
    Love the bipod. Maybe add some location clips for it.

Got to say this is the best I've seen so far and being black is just perfect.
  • TMeXTMeX Posts: 5
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Wow :smiley: awesome, we need a video of some gameplay!
  • ImeleonImeleon Posts: 98
    Hiro Protagonist
    I may once I get more funds buy one of these. 
    http://www.protubevr.com/product
    some pretty inventive people out there. 
    I have the bipod bolted quite tight so it folds back up and stays there pretty well. 
    But some spring clips to lock them back into could be an idea. 
    Bit of advice if you do make one, tape it together till you find the best size of bits for you. 
    Once the cement sets, which is seconds, there's no going back. 
  • RABIDRABID Posts: 163
    Art3mis
    TwoHedWlf said:
    Also the ninja turtle jammies aren't helping. :p

thats the best part! :smiley: