cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else experiencing issues with one touch controller getting erratic?

Waynosan
Honored Guest
Happened to me twice now and I'm not sure if it's a software or hardware issue.  After some period of time (1+
hours) of activity, the right touch controller occasionally behaves
erratically. It's position jumps around, falls through the floor,
disappears entirely. It's happened twice now during a session of "The
Climb" but I'm not sure if that title is actually causing it because it happens to be the one I spend the most time using the touch in. The first time I pulled and re-inserted the battery in the
controller and it worked fine again. The second time I used the
"Restart Oculus" beta setting in Oculus home and again, it started to
work. So far no such issue with the left touch controller.  Wondering if anyone else has had this happen in any other app so I can try to determine if this is a HW or SW problem.  
11 REPLIES 11

Kottal
Explorer
I have 1 sensor and CV1 - it works fine (perfect) for maybe 1 - 3 hours.. then the sensor gets bad tracking.. restart the pc. aaaannd its fine again for 1 - 3 hours.. I also have 3 sensors and touch lying.. but not using it.. it simply won't work... and when it does its only for a short amount of time.. Ive tried all I can find on this forum and google.. different drivers.. updated the motherboard bios, changed usb ports.. changed extension cables.. tried with out the extension cables (2 sensor setup), changed windows so it does not turn off power to usb, reinstalled windows and oculus like 4 times now - sometimes its one sensor thats got bad tracking.. sometimes another one.. I don't touch any thing, I just keep rebooting till the are all green.. 4 sensors and CV1.. works for 1 - 3 hours then.. its back to rebooting.

I have the Inatek card as well... tried windows drivers.. tired the drivers that came on a cd with the card.. tried downloading the drivers from thier website

Now I only have 1 sensor connected and the CV1... its the same..

but yes I've also have the hands jump around like nuts..

Kind Regards

Kottal

assettomio
Adventurer
Not really, but it happened 2 days ago that for some reason the left controller was not being tracked properly and was extremely laggy, I checked with my phone camera and all the leds were working fine, the right controller and the headset were not lagging and were tracked fine, just the left controller was going crazy, I tried everything but nothing could fix it except for a reboot.
I hope thats not a bad sign of things to come

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I only have issues when I lose sense of my surroundings and go out-of-bounds. Often in Dead & Buried I would squat and then wobble around like a shrunken monkey. Sometimes I end up practically under my computer desk.

That's when the strange hand behavior starts. But if I stay in my Play Area, things seem perfect 100% of the time.

Waynosan
Honored Guest
Thanks for the responses... looking at the controller via a camera is a good idea but my phone must have a really good IR filter because I see nothing though it, even when the controller is working fine.  Will look around to see if I can find another camera with a weaker IR filter....

assettomio
Adventurer
Could be, I have 2 phones, one sees the leds, one doesn't, so could be the camera yea

Flausn
Expert Protege
fix this mess oculus !!!

AKCPE
Honored Guest
Same here. Right controller. I found this tread in reddit too.
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/5h9oap/my_right_touch_controller_has_tracking_issues/

assettomio
Adventurer
I suggest checking with a camera man, if you see any leds, there should be 2 rows on the ring, I read someone say on this forum that his right controller only had 1 working led row, meaning 1 row wasn't working

Myrskalle
Protege
I have had this problem as well. Last night I tried changing the batteries in the controllers (not just take them out and put them back in), even though Home said that they had pretty much full charge. After that I played for 60-90 minutes without issues. Gonna try again tonight to see if the issue is really gone.

So try that.