New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus Rift Black Screen - Adjust your lenses

TechnopakiTechnopaki Posts: 2
Virtual Boy (or Girl)
edited December 2016 in Support
Hello Community!

I think everyone may know the problem already.

Description of the problem:
On the Oculus Setup I had to adjust my lenses in order to continue the setup process but it didn't work at first. The Rift screen didn't display anything and only sound worked on the Oculus Rift(the LED turned white after putting it on the head).

After a while I've solved it!

MY SOLUTION:
http://www.technopaki.at/virtual_reality/2016/12/28/oculus-black-screen-english/

Comments

• YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 671
    Neo
    Which kind of computer do you have (desktop/laptop; CPU, GPU)?

Do you have other HDMI port you may try?

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

• TechnopakiTechnopaki Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    YoLo thanks for the question^^ I have edited the first post(Sorry for that mistake)
  • StardragoStardrago Posts: 1
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Hi my oculus has that problem but the light is orange and there is no display.
    its one of the high spec desktop so it cant be that. I have no idea what to do I looked at it but it seems strange
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 671
    Neo
    The Rift and your monitor should be both connected to the graphic card, and not to other video output provided by the "PC case" which are linked to the Intel HD graphics. Could it be this?

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

• gary521gary521 Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)

Oculus Rift Black Screen flickering ..money back please.rip off

• gary521gary521 Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)

Oculus Rift Black Screen flickering ..money back please.rip off

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 22,409 Oculus Staff
    This is an old thread. If you need help, please submit a support ticket. Thanks.
    https://support.oculus.com/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV