cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HMD is blank when HMD can't see the camera.

Bluekylin360
Honored Guest
In unity5.4 I can develop use only dk2 hmd without the camera sensor, but after upgrade to unity5.5, the hmd always display blank gray if no camera sensor is present. Is there any way to bypass this sensor positional check? Many thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
In general, this isn't supported - Rift experiences without positional tracking aren't as good, so our runtime prompts the user to connect a sensor instead of trying to cope with rotation-only tracking. However, you can sideload and run non-store apps without a sensor connected.

Bluekylin360
Honored Guest

vrdaveb said:

In general, this isn't supported - Rift experiences without positional tracking aren't as good, so our runtime prompts the user to connect a sensor instead of trying to cope with rotation-only tracking. However, you can sideload and run non-store apps without a sensor connected.

How to sideload on PC? I can run my apps, but it is only a pure gray scene. This also happens when I block the hmd and the sensor with my hand. Can this behavior be bypassed totally? Thanks!

vrdaveb
Oculus Staff
To sideboard open the oculus app and enable unknown sources in preferences. Then you can simply run VR-enabled applications as exe files.