cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDMI disconnects

Anonymous
Not applicable
So, any other known fixes for that besides the USB power management settings?
Though i do suspect it's the cable that's faulty as it disconnects when i turn the headset in my hands.
Then again, maybe not since it disconnects when i'm not moving my head, and doesn't when i do.

Regardless, they've gotten so frequent today that it is practically unsable.
6 REPLIES 6

nrosko
Superstar
I have uninstalled my Fresco Logic drivers, I found even though i was checking box to disable power management it simply over rides it. So now its just using the win drivers, i need to test more to see if its fixed the issue but tbh i'm not confident. When connecting to usb 2 it still disconnected. For me most disconnection happens in Assetto Corsa when pulling the rift down to my face but on other rare occasions it happens in any game.  

Greenfire32
Heroic Explorer

ToJKa said:
Though i do suspect it's the cable that's faulty as it disconnects when i turn the headset in my hands.

That would suggest hardware failure (either the cable like you're thinking or the headset).

Or it could be as simple as just a loose connection. Pull the faceplate off, pull out the cord from the headset, re-plug it back in and re-insert the faceplate. You can also try moving the headset USB off the inateck card and see if that helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Shows Generic hubs for me, so it uses the generic drivers. Maybe i need the specific ones?  Though as they didn't come from the MB driver CD, i doubt it.

Haven't tried switching USB Ports, though, i'll try that next.

It was working fine until last week, some random "Device disconnected" sounds every now and then, but never while i was using it. Then i had a major computer disaster during christmas (a game froze entire system, had to force it shut, which destroyed the SSD that had Windows), and now it just disconnects all the time. I should have all the drivers and software installed and up-to-date now, though.

Also i have a new system ordered, so if it is something on this one, it's a temporary issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, seems to work now, lasted over an hour without disconnecting. Installed some drivers, the motherboard software, switched USB ports, don't know what, but something worked.

One thing is that it has always disconnected when i take it off. But i suppose that's not a problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Half a year later, same issue with a new cable and the recommended Inteck card (that still shows sensors connected to USB 2 port).

Must be the headset then that is faulty, still disconnects when moving it vertically.

Well, this was a spectacular waste of money, i never even got to use the controllers 😄

falken76
Expert Consultant
Mine had the same issue, the only thing that fixed it was an RMA.  I put up with it as long as I could, but then the 1 year date for my warranty was coming up fast so I opened a ticket.  The process was pretty painless, they made me do standard trouble shooting.  Fortunately I had access to two other computers that could run the rift, after testing on those, support agreed it was a hardware issue and had me return it for a new one.  I assumed I would get a refurb but it appears to be a brand new retail item.  It works great so far, I still have fears that it's going to disconnect when I so much as touch the left side of it, but so far it has been flawless.