cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DK2 HDMI Not Connected Error

intriguedgaming
Honored Guest
Back when I received my CV1 in July I gave my DK2 to my brother in law. He had been using it flawlessly until Christmas. For Christmas I got him a new Gigabyte GTX 1060. We opened his box, installed the new card and updated the drivers. Played a few games on his tv (connected via HDMI to DVI adapter) to check out the increase in FPS from his old GTX 960 2GB. Happy with the new gains we decided to hook the DK2 up and check it out. We connected it directly to the HDMI port, but it would not power up and received HDMI not connected message on OCULUS Home. Then we connected it to the DVI port using an adapter and his TV to the HDMI. Still same error. We then googled some fixes and tried everything we could think of, rolling back drivers to previous version, turning off integrated graphics in BIOS, ect... Finally we decided to re install his old graphics card to see if the DK2 even worked at all. Once it was installed and DK2 connected to his old GTX 960 it ran flawlessly like it always has.

Has anyone else exp something simular? If so what was your fix?

FYI: He has started a ticket with Gigabyte to try and get a replacement card but I dont think the card is faulty. His TV works fine plugged into the HDMI or DVI port. Also going to get another HDMI to DVI adapter and a HDMI to Display Port one and try that.  
4 REPLIES 4

Rayrosher
Honored Guest
I'm getting exactly the same problem with the same Gigabyte 1060 6gb GTX card..
sensor USB says connected, but Headset USB, and Headset HDMI, are giving me the spinning Disc. and dont want to connect..Bought the card as I needed to upgrade my Graphics card. and as I thought my M/B was Gigabyte it would be better to get the GB card...it seems not...

Mequigallo
Sightseer

In the same situation. managed to solve ??

bfox
Honored Guest
In the last couple of days I'm getting this error along with other errors on two separate computers with two different sets of Ouculs Rift kits. I've been working with this same set up and computer for over a year without these problems. Any ideas?

Mequigallo
Sightseer

Simple solution, if your graphics card is nvidia, you will install the driver 381.89, I was with the newer driver but did not recognize dk2 until I get back to 381.89! If you can, talk to me there!