cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy New Year!!

nalex66
MVP
MVP
As New Year's Eve rolls in, I just want to wish everyone in this VR community a happy new year.

2016 has been a huge year for VR! 12 months ago we didn't yet have an announced release date for CV1. Over the past year we saw the release of the consumer Rift, Oculus Home and Store, the new forum format, a flood of new members in our little online family, and now we have Touch controllers and a whole new wave of immersive VR content. In 2016 we also saw the growth of mainstream VR with HTC Vive, SteamVR, and PSVR entering the market and providing some healthy competition and consumer choice. 

We head into 2017 with huge potential for VR, and can look forward to some great content in the coming months. Congratulations to everyone at Oculus, along with developers everywhere, for making the dream a (virtual) reality!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo
12 REPLIES 12

Greyman
Superstar
Happy New Year to you all

2017 is bound to be infinitely better than 2016.  At least i hope so. 😉

elboffor
Consultant
Happy new year all
To echo what @nalex66 said it has been one he'll of a year. 2016 was the year vr really kicked off. We are all part of the wave of the future.
You can feel proud of yourself for helping support the future of gaming ( and smug at the same time for being able to play shit in VR ).
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I am crazy excited about the next 2 years. So much great innovation; it all feels so limitless!

elboffor
Consultant
The only limit, will be our usb's bandwidth 😉

OpticKing
Expert Trustee
HERPY NER YERS, GURS.

elboffor
Consultant
Derp derp a derp

cybereality
Grand Champion
Happy New Year! What an amazing time to be a VR enthusiast.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Happy new year chaps and transgenders and ladies and goats 😉
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
First post of 2017? Tshirt ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.