cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor tracking quality, wireless sync timed out

Hobey0824
Sightseer
This error has recently started occurring.  I went several months prior without seeing it.  Head tracking is lost until I unplug the headset, reinsert the USB plug, and go through default view setup again.  It's a pain because my USB 3.0 ports are under the desk.

If I attempt to reset my default view without unplugging/re-plugging the headset, the setup fails and I can't "see" the sensor.  The only cure is to cycle power on the headset.

I have NO such problems until I hibernate my PC.  Then its very likely that this issue will re-occur.
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the exact same issue. The easiest solution I have found so far is to open task manager, and terminate all oculus processes. Then go to Oculus\Support\oculus-runtime and launch OVRServer_x64.exe, followed by launching oculus Home. This should fix the sync timed out error until next hibernation. I just wrote a batch file to do all this for me quickly. 

I hope someone from Oculus sees this and fixes this issue. 

Mace404
Heroic Explorer
Why don't you just restart Oculus services trough the beta tab in the Oculus software? Does exactly that.

Mace404
Heroic Explorer
For the wireless sync thing. What works good for me is when starting the Oculus software is having the headset in sight of the sensors.
This also works when you have errors with the sensor setup.