cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help, amber sensor on the inside won't turn white, headset display is sleeping

dannyhansen
Sightseer
So, I purchased my headset and touch controllers on Dec. 31st played with it for a few hours and came back to it this last Friday evening. The amber/orange light wont go to white but when i go to devices in the oculus app all of my devices show connected. I get sound in the headphones if i open a game from the app but no display. Here's what i've tried so far:

1. unplugged all of the monitors ( i have a double monitor setup) and tried just the rift.
2. unplugged the rift usb and hdmi cables and inside the faceplate
3. Rebooted
4. did the setup all over again.

My specs, i76800k, 32 gb ram, nvidia 1080

Please help!!!
4 REPLIES 4

DarrylH
Honored Guest
Had same problem. See my post re Rift headset working yesterday but not working today You will note thru my comments the various steps. Most recent iteration appears to be to plug in your HDMI cable after booting your PC as saw someone had success with that. Have only done once so far so don't know if it is an ongoing solution.
When tried the DVI port that worked, it may have been that I connected with the PC on, not because i used the DVI port.
Note also that the HDMI port that is now working with the RIFT but wasn't, was also not working for a monitor.
Also FYI you get sound from the USB cable but video from the HDMI, thus why your audio works.

TheMaster0071
Protege
I have the same problem, just had my GPU replaced under warranty and now the Rift screen randomly will not display although it says connected. If I unplug the HDMI and then plug it back in it starts working. Not sure if this a Rift fault or GPU. Reinstalled my OS, tried a few NVidia driver versions as well so its not that.  

TheMaster0071
Protege
tz10gb4y5jzu.png

cybereality
Grand Champion
Those windows errors are probably not your issue (though they could make tracking lesser quality). Can you upload your LogGatherer log file and I will take a look?
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV