cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Touch Controllers not tracking

DragonSlayer8
Explorer
Hey everyone i know there are a few posts about this same thing but i read through them and nothing helped me. My controllers arent being tracking with the sensors. When i first got the touch controllers i set them up fine and they worked for about a week. One day i tried to play a game and the controllers way off. So i tried to reset them by running the Reset Sensor Tracking. And the sensors connect fine they are plugged into a usb3.0. The lights on top come on for both. But when i try to reset the tracking all i get is " We couldnt save your position". All my drivers are up to date. I tried taking the batteries out of the controllers. I reset the controllers, and oculus home, and my computer. I switch usb ports and still nothing... Please help asap! The ouclus support team isnt really helping either.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cybereality
Grand Champion
While sensors can become defective, I would question that 2 sensors die simultaneously. In that case I would suspect a software/driver issue on your computer. Doing a repair install of Oculus is a good start. You can also try to update or change the USB drivers on your motherboard (in general the Microsoft default should be fine, but you can also check the ones from your motherboard manufacturer). You can also buy this add-on card and give it a shot:
https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Superspeed-Ports-PCI-Expansion/dp/B00B6ZCNGM
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Always a possibility they have failed mate. As painful as it is, I'd wait for support ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

DragonSlayer8
Explorer

Techy111 said:

Always a possibility they have failed mate. As painful as it is, I'd wait for support ?

Well i want to keep trying to fix the problem while they get back to me. so any other advice would help :smiley:

cybereality
Grand Champion
Might be silly, but did you try replacing the batteries? Have you tried adjusting the sensors? If you have 2 sensors, try to maximize the overlap on the cameras (best to have both on the same desk facing mostly forward around 4 - 6 week apart).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

DragonSlayer8
Explorer

Might be silly, but did you try replacing the batteries? Have you tried adjusting the sensors? If you have 2 sensors, try to maximize the overlap on the cameras (best to have both on the same desk facing mostly forward around 4 - 6 week apart).

Well the battery levels in the controllers say they are full so i dont think its those. And the sensors are where they have always been. Even when it was working. But yes i did try to readjust them and still nothing.

DragonSlayer8
Explorer
Update: My headset tracking doesnt work either. When i lean left and right it doesnt track it. Both of my sensors are dead? No way there has to be reason.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Try a repair install of the Oculus app.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Sorry if it's a silly question? What size is your psu ? Might be a powering issue ? Try removing 1 tracker and the touches and see what happens ?
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

DragonSlayer8
Explorer
Err i forgot what psu i have but its definitely enough. Like all of this was working one day and next nothing. I tried unplugging one tracker but it wont let me sync the controllers without both plugged in. Also now its my headset that wont track either. And the oculus app probably isnt the problem. Its 100% the sensors.

cybereality
Grand Champion
While sensors can become defective, I would question that 2 sensors die simultaneously. In that case I would suspect a software/driver issue on your computer. Doing a repair install of Oculus is a good start. You can also try to update or change the USB drivers on your motherboard (in general the Microsoft default should be fine, but you can also check the ones from your motherboard manufacturer). You can also buy this add-on card and give it a shot:
https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Superspeed-Ports-PCI-Expansion/dp/B00B6ZCNGM
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?