cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues Ordering Extra Sensor

Foznar
Explorer
I've made several attempts now to try and purchase a extra sensor (a third one to accompany my Rift and Touch).  Every time I go through the process and get to the 'Complete Order' button, I click it, it does it's nice little spinney dance and then goes back to 'Complete Order'.  Anyone else having troubles with this?  I've tried 2 of my credit cards (each with a more than enough to take care of the measly $109CDN) and attempted it at two computer locations.  I've even gone and tried to have the item shipped to my billing address as well as my office but no dice.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?  I'm very interested in purchasing a third sensor and it seems that the Oculus page is the only place I can find one, darnit.

Cheers folks!
3 REPLIES 3

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
Did you get a confirmation email?  IF you did than you are all set.  If not contact support

Bruno_BGP
Explorer
Same issues to me. I'm from Brazil and they don't ship to here but I'm using my France address and when I click to complete order nothing happens. Sorry about my bad english.

benphua
Honored Guest
I'm having the same problem too did you ever get it fixed?