cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cross eyed

MarkyboyZ1300
Honored Guest
Hello all,first post so here goes,
I have just bought the rift, dont even know if its dk1 or 2 but its brand new, I have purchased steam virtual desktop but It makes me feel cross eyed when running it, games launched in oculus all work,demoes all work and videos but when i run virtual desktop i seem to have to keep one eye closed, ive tried fisheye and so on but its not correctly displayed,anyone have any ideas?
7 REPLIES 7

nalex66
MVP
MVP
You could try positioning the virtual screen further away from you and see if that helps.

You can also get a free code for the Oculus Home version of Virtual Desktop to see if that makes any difference. Go into the game properties in Steam, and you can retrieve your product key. Redeem it in Oculus Home to activate that version of the app (you can continue to use both versions).

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

deansouth8
Explorer
Okay, the function keys in that program allow you to set 3d modes for viewing normal 3d content in VR. It's actually pretty sweet unless you are looking at a normal image. 3D images are generally two images side by side or over under. The settings are mapped to function keys on your keyboard.  You just need to turn the settings off by "likely" pressing any one of the function keys starting with F6 through F11. Just keep hitting them until it looks right.  Once to do take a good look at the 3D options in the application to become familiar and have lots of fun.

MarkyboyZ1300
Honored Guest
thanks for the info, I was wondering if something like this might be what im after?
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/3aim44/firmware_solution_for_dk2_lens_separation_ipd/

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Do you have one of these (CV1):

Or one of these (DK2)?
Image result for rift DK2

MarkyboyZ1300
Honored Guest
cv1

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Okay, so then that firmware utility from the Reddit post doesn't apply to you, that's for DK2. 

If something is making you feel cross-eyed, it generally means that you're trying to focus on something that's too close to you. Virtual Desktop has a function to relocate the virtual screen (I'm not at my PC to check right now, but I think it's in the Settings menu).  You need to move the screen so it's further away, then make it larger so you can read everything easily. 

If it's just when you're watching 3D content, rather than the desktop screen, then you can cycle through the 3D options (SBS 180, SBS 360, etc.) to find the right setting for that content. 

MarkyboyZ1300
Honored Guest
yeah tried it all, maybe some movies are just not encoded too well