cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Descending Back Into Dreadhalls (Oculus Rift + Touch Gameplay)

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer

I have recently had quite a few requests to do more VR horror games on the channel so I was happy to see that one of the original horror experiences for VR had been updated to work with the Oculus Touch controllers. Over the years I have played Dreadhalls in many different versions. First on the DK1, and then again on the DK2, and most recently on Gear VR but this was the first time I had experienced it in the CV1 and man I'm glad I waited for the Touch support! Having hands in this game in some ways made it even more terrifying because it made me feel much more present. All I can say is if you like horror games in VR and have yet to experience this time honored classic then I highly recommend it!

"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"
12 REPLIES 12

Applecorp
Rising Star
Tried the Touch update yesterday and it's pretty good, I'm sure it makes for an even more tense esperience. I felt my hands tingle and my palms sweat,which I don't recall happening back when I used the Xbox controller.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
How come Americans always have big rooms? I'm thinking of moving to the USA just for Oculus Touch and also to get a bigger car. Their smallest cars are the size of a truck over here in Britain.

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer

lovethis said:

How come Americans always have big rooms? I'm thinking of moving to the USA just for Oculus Touch and also to get a bigger car. There smallest cars are the size of a truck over here in Britain.

Funny thing is that my room is actually quite small compared to most of my friends houses here [;]-)
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
Played sime last night, the touch controls make it even more frightening while exploring for sure!  I gotta drink some liquid courage next time before playing , haha

RedRizla
Honored Visionary

lovethis said:

How come Americans always have big rooms? I'm thinking of moving to the USA just for Oculus Touch and also to get a bigger car. There smallest cars are the size of a truck over here in Britain.

Funny thing is that my room is actually quite small compared to most of my friends houses here [;]-)

My room is about half the size of yours. I do have one advantage over you though, I don't have to travel as far around the house. I could do with the exercise though.

kevink808
Superstar

lovethis said:

How come Americans always have big rooms? I'm thinking of moving to the USA just for Oculus Touch and also to get a bigger car. Their smallest cars are the size of a truck over here in Britain.

Everything is big in America, the houses, the cars, the portion sizes, and of course the people.  And we love it that way, that's why.
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

Warbloke
Superstar
almost seems like they are you know... compensating for something being small.  B=D
"You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln 

cybernettr
Superstar
Theoretically, the size of your house or your room shouldn't matter in virtual reality. After all, the whole point of virtual reality is to put you in a virtual space that is completely unlike the space you're actually in.  Of course, hand controllers have made room size more important. However, I think this is a temporary situation.  When VR treadmills become common and affordable, I think VR games will become much more exploratory and room size will become much less relevant. 

rlabelle
Protege

Theoretically, the size of your house or your room shouldn't matter in virtual reality. After all, the whole point of virtual reality is to put you in a virtual space that is completely unlike the space you're actually in.  Of course, hand controllers have made room size more important. However, I think this is a temporary situation.  When VR treadmills become common and affordable, I think VR games will become much more exploratory and room size will become much less relevant. 

I agree with you to a point, but since running the Oculus sensors in opposing fashion, yielding a reliable 10x10 play area, I have come to appreciate room scale and size.  There is nothing like confidently walking 10 feet to pick up a virtual item, turn, and walk back.  I am impressed with Oculus's guardian system, and am tempted to set up a 4 sensor system in the garage utilizing a 20x20 ft play space.
Youtube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCDrvzyiqz8Qiu7 ... irmation=1 FaceBook: www.facebook.com/The-Wombat-Cave-103351200009813/ Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheWombatCave Upcoming: Sixense Stem-May,Virtuix Omni-April,HTC Vive-?,Oculus CV1-Mar.28