cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abe vr worried me

god_alom
Adventurer
Watching Abe vr worried me first time. If you don't know what abe vr is a short term video of a computer generated ai called abe. In this video he talks about human weaknesses while your strapped to a chair. After a lengthy, he eventually cuts your head off and blood goes all over the screen. I went through all my apps in oculus home just for recapping. Watching abe vr for the second time sent chills down my spine. The tech demo is well scripted and goes to deep lengths about human emotions. It's worrying where the future of human extinction goes, especially when there's an ai talking.

Is this ai speaking the truth on an ever rare subject?  
17 REPLIES 17

vannagirl
Consultant
I mention this before,
it may of been in youtube or here i forgret now no one seemed bothered by this exp but this exp really disturbed me from the moment you look over at the other patient to the way the ai talks to you.

Machines making choices about us, yes very chilling, i did mean to show my brother the other day but the height one in dreamdeck was enough for him for one day 😉
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

kevink808
Superstar
The sun will eventually exhaust its hydrogen fuel and expand into a red dwarf, consuming the Earth, but I'm not worried about it. And that's scientific reality.  Sorry Abe, back to the science fiction section where you belong.
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

elboffor
Consultant
Abe vr is awesome, you can replace the exe with one that points to raw data and launch that from OH...
Or at least that's what I use it for.
The experience for me was a bit meh.
If it's freaking you out I think you need to cut down on the magical herbs.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

dougchism
Expert Protege
Its certainly one possible way humans will go extinct, but there are plenty of others. We will all die some day, both as individuals and as a species. Its best not to waste energy and stress on potential outcomes and focus on living your life to its fullest. 

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
The sun is going to explode one there.

So there's that.

loregnum
Adventurer
I couldn't care less what happens to the human species. 

1) I'll most likely be dead before then so I won't exist. If I am not dead, I do not care when I die as I'll be dead meaning I won't know I am dead.

2) Everyone dies so it makes no difference if something major happened and wiped the species out, especially given how over populated the world is right now.

3) There is nothing special about humanity, contrary to what many humans seem to think because they've been biologically wired to think their species is so great. 

4) I'm a misanthrope so I'm not a fan at all of humanity. There are many good people and many who I wish nothing but the best for but overall, humanity is basically a virus, causing destruction wherever it goes. I'd love to know how many species humans have made extinct because of their actions, both taking over land and the idiots who trophy/sport hunt.

vannagirl
Consultant

loregnum said:

I couldn't care less what happens to the human species. 

1) I'll most likely be dead before then so I won't exist. If I am not dead, I do not care when I die as I'll be dead meaning I won't know I am dead.

2) Everyone dies so it makes no difference if something major happened and wiped the species out, especially given how over populated the world is right now.

3) There is nothing special about humanity, contrary to what many humans seem to think because they've been biologically wired to think their species is so great. 

4) I'm a misanthrope so I'm not a fan at all of humanity. There are many good people and many who I wish nothing but the best for but overall, humanity is basically a virus, causing destruction wherever it goes. I'd love to know how many species humans have made extinct because of their actions, both taking over land and the idiots who trophy/sport hunt.

and your also fun at parties?? 😛

kevink808
Superstar
That ray of sunshine needs a hug.
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

vannagirl
Consultant
"Grouphug"