cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help in saving a movie purchased from the Oculus store to my sd card

VRwuzHere4
Honored Guest
I searched high and low....haven't found any solution to my issue.

I purchased and downloaded The Martian 3D via Oculus store. In an attempt to conserve storage space on my phone's internal storage, I moved the entire folder containing the download to my sd card. However, when I attempt to re-watch the downloaded movie using my GearVR in the Oculus video app, I do not see the movie in My Videos section on Oculus video.

I do see the movie in My Purchases; however, I only see the option to Watch Trailer, Stream, or Download (which I've already done). I noticed when I moved the downloaded file from my phone's internal storage to the sd card, it was a folder with a random string of numbers and not the name of the movie. Inside of the folder there were three separate folders labeled: mpds, video, and audio. The video folder contains 2,122 items that looks to have the movie broken down into multiple segments.

I've tried placing the entire folder in various folders within my root directory: /movies; /oculus/movies/myvideos/3D; /movies/3D ; /dcim/videos; etc...I've tried it all it seems and I just cannot see the download of the video when I open Oculus video through my GearVR.

How can I save the purchased movie that I downloaded from the Oculus store onto my sd card instead of my phones internal storage for further playback?

Please help!?!?
1 REPLY 1

GY777
Honored Guest
Same issue here. I purchased a movie that doesn't stream well. Go back to the option to stream or download and download option doesn't work. Oculus gets permission to save files to my SD card, but only uses my limited internal storage. Frustrating. How do I fix this? Thank you.