cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messaging

Sinstalker21
Heroic Explorer
Anyone know why we can add friends to our Oculus home but we can't message them?  It seems pointless to have a FL but not be able to communicate w/ them.  It feels rude starting a game up and just sending them an invite w/o asking 1st if they are available or want to play a game.  Where and when are we going to be able to communicate w/ others? 
12 REPLIES 12

maxpare79
Trustee
no way for now
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

Sinstalker21
Heroic Explorer

maxpare79 said:

no way for now

Why do you say that?

leo1954au
Adventurer
Yes it dose seem strange to not be able to message anyone in your friends list

The_Hardboiled_
Protege
Sucks that we can message anyone similar to Steam, but I'm sure it will be implemented later down the line.

At least, I hope so.

elboffor
Consultant
Considering that Oculus is owned by facebook, you'd think social interaction would have been there since day 0.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

elrealchiqui
Heroic Explorer
@elboffor I am sure there is something planned but I am glad they are more focused on resolving technical issues before adding features to the software 🙂

Sinstalker21
Heroic Explorer

DimitriL said:

@elboffor I am sure there is something planned but I am glad they are more focused on resolving technical issues before adding features to the software 🙂

No you would have thought that they would have added it from the get go tbh same as Elboffor.

elrealchiqui
Heroic Explorer
Facebook own Oculus. They didn't create nor developed it. They let Oculus develop their thing and they implement social features afterwards, like Oculus Rooms on the Gear VR (soon on the Rift).

https://www.oculus.com/blog/join-friends-in-vr-with-oculus-rooms-and-parties/

"The first wave of VR was all about the magic of presence, the immersive sense of actually being inside a virtual space. The next step is to let you feel that same sense of presence with other people in VR."

nalex66
MVP
MVP
It's coming sometime (soonish?) this year for Rift, and is already available for Gear, as described in the blog post linked above. I don't know if anyone here uses Gear and can comment on these features from first-hand experience?

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo