cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking 98% better. Has there been an update?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been having lots of tracking issues since having touch. Two sensor set up was mostly fine, except the spiralling hand. When I added the 3rd sensor for room scale, I got jumps in tracking as I turned around, floating hands, spiralling right controller.

So, today after tweaking my computer a bit, I loaded up some games, including rec room... And the tracking issues are 98% gone. I don't get those jumps in tracking when I turn around - it's really smooth now. The hands don't float away when I'm turned towards one sensor either. I had one instance of a spiralling right controller, which has apparently been fixed for a future update?

The only thing I did was boost my CPU clock speed to 4.3 ghz using the Gigabyte Tuner for my mainboard (standard clock speed is 3.5 ghz per core). Surely this can't have solved my tracking issues? Which is why I'm wondering if that has been an update?

18 REPLIES 18

cybereality
Grand Champion
There was not an update as far as I know (it's coming soon, though).
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee
Maybe it is a placebo patch.
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛

Anonymous
Not applicable
@cybereality
@RorschachPhoenix

Game Hard who had lots of tracking issues is also reporting the same thing... Major improvements in tracking.

4 Trackers - (Oculus Roomscale UPDATE !) A Trackers Dream
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihrJ7icVmHw&feature=youtu.be

Bloodlet
Rising Star
I never had any major tracking issue however, I was having a problem with the rift freezing while trying to play Assetto Corsa with Simvibe. I traced the problem to the second sound card simvibe was running on. Deactivating the sound card and it would run perfectly.

Today it's running perfectly with sound card and no freezes. I'm also getting a bleep from the rift every time I put it on ar take it off. I never had that before and it seems to drop in and out of games quicker with no visual stutter too. O.o

Arock387
Heroic Explorer
Maybe the Rift really just hates Christmas.  Maybe it felt so pissed off Christmas existed the Rift decided to just piss off the whole holiday season.  Now that its all over with its finally coming back to normal and its feels are evening out

thanks Oculus for making my rift feel

TheGooch50
Honored Guest
I currently have a three sensor room-scale setup and am experiencing intermittent tracking issues.  Often I will be standing still and facing forward and I will appear to "warp" to a different part of the room.  Very frustrating and disorienting.  I thought it might only happen when I turn around and the rear sensor is having trouble picking me up, but like I said sometimes it happens when I"m facing both forward sensors.  Anyone else experiencing this?  I hope it is a software issue that is being addressed.

DarkTenka
Trustee
I beleive they also patched out VR Sickness with this patch as well. Try it and see! it's completely gone!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I performed the Windows 10 updates that cyber recommended and noticed an improvement. It didn't fix the problem 100% but I'm good about 80% of the time, whereas before the situation was quickly becoming 50/50.

Interestingly enough... I have went back to Eve Valkyrie, playing with a HOTAS. My Touch controllers will be in their case for awhile, not because of the tracking problem, but because I'm once again addicted to flight combat simulation.

I love all my VR options ❤️

Jokergod2000
Adventurer

Zenbane said:

I performed the Windows 10 updates that cyber recommended and noticed an improvement. It didn't fix the problem 100% but I'm good about 80% of the time, whereas before the situation was quickly becoming 50/50.

Interestingly enough... I have went back to Eve Valkyrie, playing with a HOTAS. My Touch controllers will be in their case for awhile, not because of the tracking problem, but because I'm once again addicted to flight combat simulation.

I love all my VR options ❤️

Get in Elite Dangerous for some more space combat!