/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

VRChat - It's really, really awesome!

flexy123flexy123 Posts: 428 Poster of the Week
edited February 2 in Games and Apps
(Note I am not related to these guys in any way!)

Today was the day when VRChat went public on Steam and there were actually tons of people on!
It was great! The entire thing makes a very polished impression, with nice avatars and even the option to make your own. Some dude had a BB-8 droid avatar. Awesome!
A few days ago some guys showed me the games there, and they were LOTS of fun. Like CTF-style and many more.
There is also tons of very-well designed areas.
Yet ANOTHER VR social app which I think has huge potential and makes Altsp[COUGH] looks like the pile of poopoo phone app which it really is. VRChat is really nice and I am glad they now get more exposure!
Tagged:

Comments

• whoa182whoa182 Posts: 355
    Trinity
    edited March 19
    I think I might get addicted to VRChat lol. I'm interested in creating my own avatars now...  I hope VRChat grows and becomes better. It can be a bit clunky, especially some of the animations, but there's a lot of great people in there who make it fun. 

I put together some video clips from a couple days of playing. Excuse my poor editing skills xD I just started learning how to make videos. Anyone know why the video when recording is zoomed in with Oculus on some games?

We all (on this forum) should arrange a day to try meet up in VR Chat on a weekly, or even monthly basis. There's some fun mini games in there. 

If you've not checked it out, go and have a look. 
    CPU: i5-4690K 4.50 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengence GFX: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: 2TB MONITOR: Samsung U28D590 27" 4K Res
  • MowTinMowTin Posts: 259
    Nexus 6
    Is it voice chat? Can't tell from your video how people actually chat.

Trinity
    MowTin said:
    Is it voice chat? Can't tell from your video how people actually chat.

Yes of course, it's voice chat. 

There's quite a few user made worlds in there and avatars, and some are really cool. There's also a few games you can play. You can also just hang out and watch a movie, or videos on youtube. I was playing guitar last night with someone who was in Australia, in that Paris apartment. :p 

There is also a Sunday meetup every week I believe.

CPU: i5-4690K 4.50 GHZ RAM: 8.00 GB Corsair Vengence GFX: Nvidia GTX 970 HDD: 2TB MONITOR: Samsung U28D590 27" 4K Res
  • kevink808kevink808 Posts: 781 Poster of the Week
    This is interesting stuff, but it kind of weirds me out talking to complete strangers.
    Currently playing: Witcher 3 & DOOM | Gear: Liquid cooled MSI Z170A PC Mate | Intel i7-6700K | 32GB DDR4 SDRAM 3000 Mhz | GeForce GTX 1080, Acer Predator XB241H G-Sync, Rift/Touch/3 cams.
    Trinity
    edited March 20
    Hmm really? My best friend was a stranger at one point.
  • MonstaahMonstaah Posts: 78
    Hiro Protagonist
    @whoa182 : yeah you make a valid point there :smiley:
    PC Specs:

Black Box, with wires & some kind of electronicy stuff inside..
    oooh it even has lights!! =)
    Nexus 6
    edited March 20
    I'm sure it's a sausage party tho :)
  • kevink808kevink808 Posts: 781 Poster of the Week
    whoa182 said:
    Hmm really? My best friend was a stranger at one point.
    True, but I doubt you met him as a Japanese anime girl in an internet chatroom.  I just have a preference to stick to real life where people have a more difficult time hiding behind a veil of anonymity.
    Currently playing: Witcher 3 & DOOM | Gear: Liquid cooled MSI Z170A PC Mate | Intel i7-6700K | 32GB DDR4 SDRAM 3000 Mhz | GeForce GTX 1080, Acer Predator XB241H G-Sync, Rift/Touch/3 cams.
  • ZenbaneZenbane Posts: 6,392 Power Poster
    edited March 20
    whoa182 said:

Thanks for sharing this vid. I think I will give this a shot soon. Although while I was watching this, start to finish, I couldn't help but wonder if this is what literal Hell is like. I couldn't tell if that was cute, or Satanic. Regardless, looks like a hoot!
    No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.
    When I ask you what is 1+1, you will say, it depends on how much frog is in the water.
  • Phil007Phil007 Posts: 47
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    The more i think about the social side, the more my brain goes into overdrive. 

• flexy123flexy123 Posts: 428 Poster of the Week
    edited March 21
    MowTin said:
    Oh ABSOLUTELY not! I am actually surprised seeing plenty of females on recently.

Edit: Yes, *real* females :)
    Nexus 6
    flexy123 said:
    MowTin said:
    Oh ABSOLUTELY not! I am actually surprised seeing plenty of females on recently.

lol. I was just think that. I guess you can tell by their voices. 
  • SadGamerDadSadGamerDad Posts: 232
    Nexus 6
    Is it full of f-bomb dropping minors like Rec Room? lol
  • Sinstalker21Sinstalker21 Posts: 253 Poster of the Week
    Is it full of f-bomb dropping minors like Rec Room? lol

I haven't been to rec room but most of the ppl there are super nice and when I am there we have a blast.  If ppl annoy you you can mute them or block them all together and you wll not see or hear them anymore unless you unblock them.  I think I have only blocked like 3 ppl in 2 months as did others for the same ppl and ended up banned.  lol  
  • Sinstalker21Sinstalker21 Posts: 253 Poster of the Week
    MowTin said:
    flexy123 said:
    MowTin said:

lol. I was just think that. I guess you can tell by their voices. 

yes I know females there and yes you can tell from there voices lol.  The thing is is you do not have to be in VR to get into VRChat, you can be PC only as well.  The PC ppl don't usually talk though.