/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Rift 1.11 Release Notes

cyberealitycybereality Posts: 19,664 Oculus Staff

Features

• You can now choose to skip updating the firmware on your controllers when repeating Oculus setup.

• Improved visibility of Guardian System boundaries with better hand animations.

• Improved instructions for Oculus sensor positioning during setup.

Bug-fixes

The following key user-facing issues have been addressed in the 1.11 release:

• Improved experimental roomscale and experimental 360º support.

• Fixed calibration issues for multi-sensor configurations and Guardian System setup.

• Fixed tracking issues with Touch controllers that resulted in tracking judder or loss of hand location or hand orientation in VR.

• Fixed sensor issue which prevented Touch controllers from being detected.

• Fixed stability issues with floor height in VR.

• Improved Guardian System.

• Fixed stability issue with Guardian System boundaries moving when the Rift headset wasn’t in use.

• Fixed tracking issue where Touch controllers weren’t detected by Guardian System.

• Fixed reliability issue with Guardian System boundaries triggering too soon.

• Improved Oculus Rift and Touch setup.

• Fixed visibility issues with VR screen for adjusting Rift headset lens position.

• Fixed search issue with Oculus Store and Oculus Library in the Oculus software.

Comments

• Mace404Mace404 Posts: 95
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited February 3
    Thanks for the release notes. Now for a way to manually update.
    I always get updates around 3 days later which is very frustrating - especially when wanting these fixes.
  • Jake762x51Jake762x51 Posts: 24
    Lawnmower Man (or Woman)
    When is the next update due and what will it probably contain ?
  • JesseDeyaJesseDeya Posts: 74
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thanks for these, looking forward to getting the patch rolled out in my area. Any idea what the release schedule is by region?
  • SuperTuckSuperTuck Posts: 116
    Art3mis
    Regional release or staggered is fine as long as the customer has the option to force update or enroll in the software Beta. I usually have to wait days for any update, which is currently frustrating when I am having issues this patch may resolve.
  • vanfanelvanfanel Posts: 93
    Hiro Protagonist
    When is the next update due and what will it probably contain ?
    There should be another Feb update.  It's usually in the middle to end of the month.  We won't know what's in it til it happens but I'm hoping for the social features (aka. rooms)
  • elbofforelboffor Posts: 1,145 Poster of the Week
    no fix for the 4 sensor judder problems when waking the headset from sleep mode :(

oh well
  • dougchismdougchism Posts: 70
    Hiro Protagonist
    Want to try this out tonight but haven't received it yet! 
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 19,664 Oculus Staff
    Please keep in mind the update may take a few days to propagate to everyone. If you haven't received the update yet, nothing is wrong. Please hang tight and wait a bit longer. Thanks.
  • regularearsregularears Posts: 62
    Hiro Protagonist
    Thank you. Very helpful.
  • GibStormGibStorm Posts: 8
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Please keep in mind the update may take a few days to propagate to everyone. If you haven't received the update yet, nothing is wrong. Please hang tight and wait a bit longer. Thanks.
    A few days, seriously? :(
  • jukestersjukesters Posts: 3
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    why not put the update out on a torrent so we can share it?
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 2,032 Valuable Player
    Sanborn said:
    How I know these patch notes are incomplete: no mention of straightening rug.
    Shhh, that's supposed to be an Easter egg!
  • SplooshSploosh Posts: 4
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    If anyone is looking for a guide/video on how to set up roomscale this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JulB0E-9SPQ lists compatible extenders in the description and covers the setup process pretty well imo.
  • Mnem0nicMnem0nic Posts: 50
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited February 3
    I have this update, and it fixed nothing for me,, 3 sensor setup, when turning toward rear sensor my hands jolt and snap into place just like before, when I turn back towards my front facing Sensors I get the same thing... But now I noticed the height glitch (Which I never had before) my hands are now 2 inches of the floor... I have to re-run sensor setup to fix it, but this only lasts a few minutes of unstable tracking and the floor is gone again Grrrr.. Damm frustrating..

So none of the fixes in the OP have worked for me - Oculus App 1.11.0.335615 (1.11.0.335772) 

// Been at this for now nearly 2hrs, nearly ended up throwing the f-thing :(
  • ActarusVRActarusVR Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Is there a way to download the update without waiting in line?
  • Bel-garathBel-garath Posts: 147
    Art3mis
    Unfortunately, this update now caused a problem that I wasn't having before. I noticed 3 times that my guardian system activitated when I was in the middle of my play space. That has NEVER happened before. In addition, it did nothing to fix my hand jumps when facing the 3rd sensor and away from the front two. Great update.
    nalex66 said:
    Sanborn said:
    How I know these patch notes are incomplete: no mention of straightening rug.
    Shhh, that's supposed to be an Easter egg!
    maybe it was the kink in the rug that caused the tracking to go off?

now all they need to do is make the flames less square and we really are in for a treat
    Actually, it seems like we'll be able to roll this out to everyone as soon as later tonight. Thanks.
    Hiro Protagonist
    Actually, it seems like we'll be able to roll this out to everyone as soon as later tonight. Thanks.
    cool,, I hope your prepared for another onslaught over the weekend lol...
    edited February 4
    Of course, I'm always prepared.
    cybereality origonally said:
    My body is ready.
    cybereality edited it to sa:
     I prefer the first response lol, but you were correct. anyone who hasnt seen it will soon see...

• slartibartphastslartibartphast Posts: 4
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Bah no sound mirroring. 
    clearly ;)

just tested it btw peeps, anyone hoping the 4 sensor bug was fixed I have news!!!!

it isnt :(

is it worth me raising a ticket for it cyber or are support alredy aware of it?
    Hiro Protagonist
    edited February 7

I'm sure you are ;)

Here's my latest log from the last 10hrs, I just made this log now but Rift was unplugged and put away,, If its needed to re-run log then I'll do it again..

latest version 1.11  

//  I did notice that tracking glitch/shift happens also in the "Guardian setup" window,, just by moving the controller around in here without tracing a line my 3 sensors would shift about and not stay still, slight movements etc,, I can pretty much know I'll have tracking issues even before reaching HOME at that point :(   
  • samhimburgsamhimburg Posts: 7
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Mnem0nic said:

I'm sure you are ;)

Here's my latest log from the last 10hrs, I just made this log now but Rift was unplugged and put away,, If its needed to re-run log then I'll do it again..

latest version 1.11  

//  I did notice that tracking glitch/shift happens also in the "Guardian setup" window,, just by moving the controller around in here without tracing a line my 3 sensors would shift about and not stay still, slight movements etc,, I can pretty much know I'll have tracking issues even before reaching HOME at that point :(   
    Same thing happening for me.  Sensors are shifting around during guardian setup.  Once into home it seems that the hand movement and jitteriness is worse than before.  
  • bgranorffbgranorff Posts: 17
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Mace404 said:
    I always get updates around 3 days later which is very frustrating - especially when wanting these fixes.
    And what about choosing the option to repair your installation? I am doing it now.. and I assume the 1.57GB that I am forcing my system to download will include the latest and greatest. 

Crossing my fingers at least. 

• flexy123flexy123 Posts: 235
    Nexus 6
    OH HELL YEAH, way more consistent now. Could calibrate my setup without issues. Previously this was a trial/error thing to get right.
  • JesseDeyaJesseDeya Posts: 74
    Hiro Protagonist
    bgranorff said:
    Mace404 said:
    And what about choosing the option to repair your installation? I am doing it now.. and I assume the 1.57GB that I am forcing my system to download will include the latest and greatest. 

Crossing my fingers at least. 

It won't unless it by chance happens to roll out at the same time, I tried that yesterday.