cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there anyway to rollback 1.11 update?

LukaZGP
Explorer
I have several bugs introduce with this update so I would like to rollback to older version.

After contacting with support they confirmed that you can not rollback 😞
8 REPLIES 8

YoLolo69
Trustee
Nope. I suggest to get in touch with Support Team to describe your problems.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

LukaZGP
Explorer
Yeah seems to be the only way to fix that. I will test it again at evning. If i will get the same results like floor level going up or down and guardian system moving during the gamplay i will definitly contact support cos this bugs are to dangerous to play in roomscale right now.

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Mines the same pre update was fine apart from the oculus sleep bug now I get all the problems others were reporting before the update

matskatsaba
Adventurer
Is there a way to block this update?
so far i`m just killing oculus from task manager instead of exiting but...
seriously, hard as it is, but you still CAN block windows10 updates.
not faceculus though. 
wouldn`t mind compulsory updates that much if they would improve anything instead of breaking things previously working perfectly.
Any ideas? 

reddeath360
Expert Protege

Is there a way to block this update?
so far i`m just killing oculus from task manager instead of exiting but...
seriously, hard as it is, but you still CAN block windows10 updates.
not faceculus though. 
wouldn`t mind compulsory updates that much if they would improve anything instead of breaking things previously working perfectly.
Any ideas? 

I guess you could block the oculus server in your windows firewall

matskatsaba
Adventurer
Too late, regardless the firewall block, home updated itself.
Probably i should have added oculus to hosts file.
Or rather, i should have switched focus on openVR and OSVR hmd long ago.
But anyway, setting block rules in firewall doesn't help, oculus just recreates the in and outbound rules without hesitation.

flyingaudio
Explorer
When I was prompted to install the update to 1.11, I did not press update because everything was working, I instead closed the window, but it went ahead and installed the update anyway.  Now the Touch controllers have judder, making the system unusable.

I am in the middle of developing and this is costing me.  I am finding it difficult to believe that they are forcing the update (even when I answered no), and there is no way to rollback, but that seems to be the case from what I am reading on the forums.  This is not feeling developer/user friendly.

b0ttini
Explorer
thinking to ban oculus from my life. Pimax 4k , here i come. . . .