/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Touch strap broke

BigTwistyBigTwisty Posts: 2
Virtual Boy (or Girl)
2 days after receiving my new Touch controllers the strap on one fell apart.  The cord doesn't look broken at all, it seems to have just fallen out of the rubber plug that holds them in the Touch controller.  It looks like it is molded in place during manufacture, so I don't think I can just put it back in.

Comments

• BigTwistyBigTwisty Posts: 2
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Posted this 8 days ago, and I'm a bit disappointed not to have received any type of response whatsoever.
  • MradrMradr Posts: 1,753 Poster of the Week
    edited February 13
    You need to email support. Also I took a look at mine - should just be able to push it back in. How did it fall out? That would've taken some force.
  • TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 1,833 Poster of the Week
    BigTwisty said:
    Posted this 8 days ago, and I'm a bit disappointed not to have received any type of response whatsoever.
    Did you raise a ticket with support?  This forum is mostly the community, not Oculus support.  You've basically posted here, "Hey, my strap broke."  And about 2 dozen people looked and thought, "Huh, yep, looks broke." Then moved on.  You haven't asked for any input, haven't asked for anything that would require any more response, just stated your strap is broken.
  • flexy123flexy123 Posts: 428 Poster of the Week
    edited February 15
    I don't want to mess with mine now, but it seems you can remove and re-plug the cord using this "rubber plug thing" there. But on your pic, it looks that something is indeed BROKEN (?), and if it is and if it's a manufacturing defect you should consider repair/RMA, *if* you cannot fix it yourself somehow. Don't know what else to tell you.