cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having trouble setting up my rift HELP ASAP!`

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I received my rift from amazon today and was excited to get it set up and use it but after plugging everything and running the setup I'm stuck and I don't know what to do.

After the rift downloads and installs the software I get this when it tries to launch the oculus home application "GetThreadCount failed" and the software doesn't launch.

Getting back to the rift it says in the software "put your headset on and adjust the lenses" but I get nothing displaying the led inside the headset is white.

https://imgur.com/a/2Q8EK

Anyone know what to do?

My PC specs are:

I5 6600K 4.5GHz. GTX 1060. 16 GB DDR4 RAM. Asus Z170-a Motherboard.

Checking event viewer I see this

"The description for Event ID 0 from source OculusVR cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

05/02 14:13:41.129 {!ERROR!} [Kernel:Error] Camera frame truncated"

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
anyone?

mightypamz
Honored Guest
I can't help you but I have the same problem. Difference is I own the rift for a while now and this started happening like a week ago.

elboffor
Consultant
i get that error a fair bit and it doesant stop anything working. your image shows a rift in standby (white light iluminated) you do know it will only put stuff on the display once you weaing it dont you? It has a proximity sensor built in 🙂
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

will84
Expert Protege
Send it back to Amazon get a refund and thank me later, you will have nothing but trouble.

You have had it 5 mins and already errors are there, I would just like to return mine for a refund but Oculus will not.

If it is the case that there are only a minority of users who have problems then refunding me should not be a problem. Oculus have become a bunch of charlatans, I have held off in good faith but receive no help just the run around.

Truthfully send it back as faulty and get your money back, you will regret it otherwise.