cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arizona Sunshine

Skullsdirect
Explorer
Have to say this is my favourite VR experience so far.  Very immersive and great fun.  At times quite a scary experince with zombies that seem right in front of you!  Panic inducing when they rush and you have forgotten to reload.  Not many online players but a very enjoyable FPS experience.  Don't know his well this will translate to PSVR though as the Rift Touch controllers just feel so intuative and real.  8/10 and runs very well on a 980ti i7 setup.
42 REPLIES 42

vannagirl
Consultant
Yes i agree great title;

first time i turned around to find a zombie in my face i screamed
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Vathes
Explorer

I agree too, definitely one of my faves.

I felt very immersed and found my self panicking quite a few times.  Travelling through the mine actually made me feel cold and very on-edge and it was at this point my wife thought it would be funny to grab my leg.  It scared the hell out of me and I'm pretty sure a little poop may have came out.  Its funny that I actually felt relief to finally see daylight again.

Luciferous
Consultant
Yep bit the zombie bullet last nightand bought it, played it 2 hours straight, brilliant. The free locomotion works very well.

Duffvader
Protege
Yeah, it's a really good game. It took me a week to complete this game. Playtime for my first play through was about 4 hours. The horde mode is funny too. My favourite VR game so far.

kevink808
Superstar
I'm trying to get into this one, I really am. But I'm having a hard time of it.  It reminds me of Obduction with zombies.  I can forgive the somewhat mediocre graphics, but the aim control is really wonky.  It's frustrating to line up the sights for a head shot, only for the bullets to hit other areas of the body.  That seems to be artificial handicapping of the player's skill.  I'll give it a few more chances, but right now I'm pretty disappointed.  
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

HeVeNy
Protege

kevink808 said:

I'm trying to get into this one, I really am. But I'm having a hard time of it.  It reminds me of Obduction with zombies.  I can forgive the somewhat mediocre graphics, but the aim control is really wonky.  It's frustrating to line up the sights for a head shot, only for the bullets to hit other areas of the body.  That seems to be artificial handicapping of the player's skill.  I'll give it a few more chances, but right now I'm pretty disappointed.  

Actually I had the same problem starting the game. I could not hit for shit and kept dying. But really it is only bad aiming. I thought that "hey this is game, of course it's gonna give me some slack if I shoot in the general head direction".

But no, you really have to aim the weapon as it would be a real one. Now I love the game! I have shot handguns in the army and if the aiming thingyes (don't know the english word for them) is not in the right spot the shot will land way of the target you we going for. 

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I've noticed the same--you really have to careful about lining up the front and rear iron sights, otherwise you'll be shooting too low or too high. Maybe it's just that the gun barrel angle to the handle doesn't quite match expectations, or maybe the shooting mechanics are just less forgiving than other games. It does seem to be realistic, though--wild-firing with a pistol is not easy to do accurately. If I miss, I check my sights and usually realize that I've let the tip of the barrel drop.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Tadin
Heroic Explorer
I usually end up closing one eye to look down the sights and line them up.

thatdude90210
Protege
I thought the aiming was pretty spot on. The only time I miss is if I move the controller while pulling the trigger, just like in real life. 

Edit: Just to add that because our controllers are so light, it's easy to move when pulling the trigger. 

And btw, the gun angle is off, tilted up in relation to how it should line up. It really needs to be fixed. The games Onward and Hotdog Horseshoes... have the angle right.