/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus Rift - Everest VR does not load

sKw7910sKw7910 Posts: 3
Virtual Boy (or Girl)
While it is loading complains that 'Oculus authentication failed ..Please login into store and make sure Everest-Vr in library' .

I have successful login and even tried logout and login, other apps are working fine and updates are happening. Also I have enabled unknown sources.

Comments

• cyberealitycybereality Posts: 21,016 Oculus Staff
    Try disabling anti-virus.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    PowerColor RX 480 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • sKw7910sKw7910 Posts: 3
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    It did not work
  • lekjart2lekjart2 Posts: 6
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Hi,

Solfar Dev here. We are looking into this with Oculus. Seems to be some error within Oculus runtime for some users/setups. We are busy tracking down exactly what specific circumstances cause this. Will keep you updated as soon as we find out.
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Good news, we probably have found a fix. The problem came up with users that have an unusually long path variable in their system environment (1K+). Some middleware we are using didn't handle that edge case correctly. We will create a patch and update the client as soon as we have tested it and made sure it runs fine. Probably in 12 hours or so if all goes well.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 21,016 Oculus Staff
    Thank you for the quick response.
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    PowerColor RX 480 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    New update is live and should resolve the problem. Please let us know if you encounter any further problems related to this.

Cheers!
  • sKw7910sKw7910 Posts: 3
    Virtual Boy (or Girl)
    Thank you. It fixed the issue.