New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Oculus Update 1.10 vs 1.11 -- What is your current status post-update to 1.11?

kevink808kevink808 Posts: 781 Poster of the Week
edited February 16 in General
Please select the option that best describes your current experience with Oculus Rift functionality overall post-1.11 update.

I was reading reading through the 1.11 Update threads and noticed a lot of regulars on the forums having issues.  I also noticed a lot of people who are posting have low post-counts and no avatars, indicating they are infrequent visitors unless they have actual issues with their Rift.  Personally, I don't notice any difference post-1.11.  I wanted to gauge the actual results people are experiencing with an unscientific poll.  Results are visible to others.
Currently playing: Witcher 3 & DOOM | Gear: Liquid cooled MSI Z170A PC Mate | Intel i7-6700K | 32GB DDR4 SDRAM 3000 Mhz | GeForce GTX 1080, Acer Predator XB241H G-Sync, Rift/Touch/3 cams.

Oculus Update 1.10 vs 1.11 -- What is your current status post-update to 1.11? 39 votes

Much Improved
0%
Somewhat Improved
12%
nalex66snowdogkzintziFlakMagnetXlordB 5 votes
Unchanged
25%
cyberealityKiennyLitespeedKNP54FrozenPeaHyzzStryker1000A.Forcekevink808Loweski5850 10 votes
Somewhat Worse
25%
lovethisdanknugznosyrbllewemaxpare79Doriathlenne0815danyboninstargate88Xsjadiazenkissel 10 votes
Much Worse
35%
billyzelsnackMaxitomaxx11111thatdude90210GrimdanfangoelbofforXanderChaosMr.CreepyTadinLukaZGPMnem0nicPanPickleNizZ8digitalkibble 14 votes

Comments

• nalex66nalex66 Posts: 3,312 Power Poster
    Somewhat Improved
    Haven't had spinning hands since the update, so I'd call that an improvement.
    i7 5820K 4.25 GHz | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair LPX 32GB DDR4 3000 | Corsair Hydro H100i | Corsair HX750
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Samsung 850 Evo SSD 1 TB | Samsung 840 Evo SSD 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3TB
    My Oculus Medium sketchbook thread, and my Oculus Medium Gallery
  • kevink808kevink808 Posts: 781 Poster of the Week
    Unchanged
    I didn't notice any change myself. I didn't even notice the update until I saw the thread.  The poll results seems to indicate some widely mixed results, however.  Bumping to collect more unscientific data (finger in the wind).
    Currently playing: Witcher 3 & DOOM | Gear: Liquid cooled MSI Z170A PC Mate | Intel i7-6700K | 32GB DDR4 SDRAM 3000 Mhz | GeForce GTX 1080, Acer Predator XB241H G-Sync, Rift/Touch/3 cams.
  • dburnedburne Posts: 746
    Neo
    Pretty much the same for me, but I am still running a stock 1 sensor setup and have only had it about a month. Only issue I had was the sensor disconnects using my Fresco Logic Innatek card, and the tray tool has solved that for me. Going to be adding Touch soon so will see how that goes...
    Don

EVGA X-79 Dark MB|I7 4820K@4.50 GHz|EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite|16GB Corsair Platinum 2133MHz| TM Warthog + 7.5cm Ext| MFG Crosswind Pedals| Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit 
  • Mnem0nicMnem0nic Posts: 56
    Hiro Protagonist
    Much Worse
    3x Sensors & controllers since Dec 13th - Tracking went from bad to worse!  
  • NizZ8NizZ8 Posts: 11
    NerveGear
    Much Worse
    Was using 4 sensors until 1.11 update and now having non-stop Touch Controller Tracking problems.  Now i spend all of my VR time communicating with Oculus support and reading through the forums waiting for a either a fix or another work-around to try.  I currently have to go through the "Reset Sensor Tracking" process for each time i want to "try" and use the touch controller with the rift.

I did find some temporary luck going through the following process with a 4 sensor configuration, posting in case it works for someone else :/

After spending most of yesterday evening (again) trying to troubleshoot this issue here is a temporary workaround that I was able to get tracking the touch controllers somewhat working. As well as a consistent repro to show the touch controller tracking issue(s) on my setup:

1. Go through the Sensor configuration with all 4 sensors attached to the system.
    2. Once sensor configuration is complete go back into Oculus Home With the HMD
    3. At this point if I take the headset off and let the system sit for approx. 4-5 minutes.
    4. When I put the headset back on after the 4-5 minutes I get the tracking issue(s) with the touch controllers, where the tracking jitters/lags on the screen and warps when the controllers are in use.
      * Note: Not seeing any of jitters/delays/issues with the headset tracking--it works as expected.
    5. At this point if I unplug the rear 2 sensors the issue seems to be corrected temporarily until I take another break.
  • snowdogsnowdog Posts: 2,156 Valuable Player
    Somewhat Improved
    Wasn't too sure which to vote for. 1.10 screwed my Guardian boundaries. 1.11 screwed my height and Guardian boundaries. I managed to sort out both my height issues and Guardian boundary issues by going Scorched Earth and reinstalling Windows 10 and by connecting my Rift via a USB 2 port on my motherboard and my two sensors on two USB ports on my motherboard. So far it's all working as it should with 2 front facing sensors.

Not sure if it was me reinstalling Windows or changing the USB ports but it's all going good so far.
    "This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken."

Thomas Covenant, Unbeliever
  • TadinTadin Posts: 192
    Art3mis
    Much Worse
    Had absolutely 0 problems with tracking on my 3 sensor setup and no other problems either.

However, since 1.11, while the 3 sensor tracking is still spot on, my height while wearing the headset seems to change every time i put the headset, almost always moving me up a couple of feet, and I've also had my Guardian boundary wander off through the wall a couple of times as well. 
  • kgian76kgian76 Posts: 42
    Brain Burst
    Hand glitches have improved but I have the height bug which I did not have before. Don't know what to vote. 
  • danknugzdanknugz Posts: 1,558
    3Jane
    Somewhat Worse
    less stable than before the patch.
    But it could buy me a boat
    It could buy me a truck to pull it
    It could buy me a Yeti 110 iced down with some silver bullets
  • DaedalusAlphaDaedalusAlpha Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    It's not worse, and it's not better, yet it's not unchanged either. The right hand isn't spazzing out anymore, which is very good, but instead we have the height glitch and the controllers seem to jump a little more now when going between cameras (using experimental 2 camera setup).
  • maxpare79maxpare79 Posts: 1,746 Volunteer Moderator
    Somewhat Worse
    Never had a tracking problem before (3 sensors) but now I have to constantly change reset my height, tracking is fine but height is off
    I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first :-) I7 4770k@4.3, 16gb RAM/ Asus 1080 Strix Former DK2 Owner/Gear VR owner/CV1
  • kzintzikzintzi Posts: 728 Poster of the Week
    Somewhat Improved
    I had the height glitch with 2 sensors and that's completely gone now, but I now have height growth which while still bad isn't that annoying
    Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
    a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.