/ Forums
New To The Forum? Click Here To Read The How To Guide. -- Developers Click Here.

Is there a way to boost Rift audio output levels?

flexy123flexy123 Posts: 321
Trinity
edited February 16 in Support
I could've sworn that the audio volume a few weeks ago was higher, right now I feel that the volume even at full (in Windows and then also at full in Oculus) is a notch or two too low.
(I don't want to boost with "Loudness Equalizer")

Is there a way to boost the audio volume..respective can it be that any of the latest updates has limited max. volume somewhat?
(I am not saying it is "unbearably low", it's good for gaming etc. but there are situations where I'd like to listen LOUDER, eg. music etc. I just was at a DJ performance in AltSpace and basically had to "crawl into the speakers" near the stage to get halfway a good club feel. I don't remember volume having ever been a problem some weeks back. Something must have changed)

Update:
There is definitely an inconsistency with Rift audio levels sometimes not initializing at full max level.
I just did a cold-start of PC, and now it's definitely louder again. (Easy to test just listening to the crackling fire in Oculus).

I suspected this the last days already but was not 100% sure...this happens quite often. Any time of course the levels are at what I am usually having them, except that it can happen they don't go on "full" on occasion even if I crank output up. And yes I am talking about Windows 10 sound levels for Rift headphones AND the levels in the Oculus menu, playing around with these doesn't help when this audio level bug is active.

Short: There is an inconsistency with max. attainable audio volume once in a while..so this is definitely A BUG.

Comments

• TwoHedWlfTwoHedWlf Posts: 1,770 Poster of the Week
    You've turned it up in Windows and in the rift's menu?
  • flexy123flexy123 Posts: 321
    Trinity
    yes it's all the way up, Windows and in Oculus.
  • flexy123flexy123 Posts: 321
    Trinity
    edited February 16
  • Mace404Mace404 Posts: 100
    Art3mis
    Have it around 30% any higher and it blows my ears off.
    I do have this same issue with my Logitech G930 though, everything on the max and its very quiet compared to the rest.
    So maybe this isn't a Rift issue but it's a Windows thing.