cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to boost Rift audio output levels?

flexy123
Superstar
I could've sworn that the audio volume a few weeks ago was higher, right now I feel that the volume even at full (in Windows and then also at full in Oculus) is a notch or two too low.
(I don't want to boost with "Loudness Equalizer")

Is there a way to boost the audio volume..respective can it be that any of the latest updates has limited max. volume somewhat?
(I am not saying it is "unbearably low", it's good for gaming etc. but there are situations where I'd like to listen LOUDER, eg. music etc. I just was at a DJ performance in AltSpace and basically had to "crawl into the speakers" near the stage to get halfway a good club feel. I don't remember volume having ever been a problem some weeks back. Something must have changed)

Update:
There is definitely an inconsistency with Rift audio levels sometimes not initializing at full max level.
I
just did a cold-start of PC, and now it's definitely louder again.
(Easy to test just listening to the crackling fire in Oculus).

I
suspected this the last days already but was not 100% sure...this
happens quite often. Any time of course the levels are at what I am
usually having them, except that it can happen they don't go on "full"
on occasion even if I crank output up. And yes I am talking about Windows 10 sound levels for Rift headphones AND the levels in the Oculus menu, playing around with these doesn't help when this audio level bug is active.

Short: There is an inconsistency with max. attainable audio volume once in a while..so this is definitely A BUG.

12 REPLIES 12

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee
You've turned it up in Windows and in the rift's menu?

flexy123
Superstar
yes it's all the way up, Windows and in Oculus.

flexy123
Superstar

Mace404
Heroic Explorer
Have it around 30% any higher and it blows my ears off.
I do have this same issue with my Logitech G930 though, everything on the max and its very quiet compared to the rest.
So maybe this isn't a Rift issue but it's a Windows thing.

uKER
Adventurer
For me it's barely audible too.
Suffice to say that I feel the sound of my air conditioning gets over it.

antitrust42
Expert Protege
use  DFX AUDIO ENHANCER , that is amazing to boost and hear a better sound https://www.fxsound.com/dfx-audio-enhancer

SkScotchegg
Expert Trustee

uKER said:

For me it's barely audible too.
Suffice to say that I feel the sound of my air conditioning gets over it.

Are you referring to Rift S or the old Rift CV1?
UK: England - Leeds - - RTX 2080 - Rift CV1 & Rift S - Make love, not war - See you in the Oasis!

antitrust42
Expert Protege
use  DFX AUDIO ENHANCER , that is amazing to boost and hear a better sound

Anonymous
Not applicable
@OculusSupport it is obvious this thread have fallen victim to Necro by release of the RIFT S.
Besides, just fix that by REMOVING THE AUTO LIMITER.
Get Help
Did this answer your question? If it didn’t, use our search to find other topics or create your own and other members of the community will help out.

Check out some popular posts here:
Getting Help from the Meta Quest Community
Tips and Tricks: Charging your Meta Quest Headset
Tips and Tricks: Help with Pairing your Meta Quest
Trouble With Facebook/Instagram Accounts?