cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want more seated touch experiences

MowTin
Expert Trustee
I want to sit down and enjoy my game. VR is never going to take off if you have to stand, duck and move around so much to play. 

I think this is why Oculus didn't focus on roomscale at first. I get so annoyed when I can't pick something up from the floor because my camera is obstructed. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2
37 REPLIES 37

vlodato
Adventurer
well you could sit farther away from the sensors....

jayhawk
Superstar
put your sensors up higher

Anonymous
Not applicable
Currently I have the front facing setup and I put my sensors closer to the edge of the desk while one sensor is point slightly downwards to get to the floor and the other is pointing slightly up to get my hands in the air at full reach, works really well! 🙂

Luciferous
Consultant
I was playing Arizona Sunshine last night sitting down in a similar configuration, worked pretty well.

AndrewJ71
Heroic Explorer
@MowTin Have you played "I Expect You to Die"?. Very fun game - and entirely seated.

Personally, my preference is more for the standing stuff. But I'm happy to play some of both and will sit down to play where it makes sense to do so.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I sort of agree that room-scale isn't the be-all and end-all.  A good seated experience (e.g. Eve, I Expect You To Die, Chronos etc) is every good as any standing experience. 

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Room scale is where the most demand is though,it's room scale capabilities which has revived oculus interests with people

KenSniper
Adventurer
For me aside from I Expect You To Die, I play a lot of  Dolphin VR Emulator seated, it was great to replay some games in a whole new perspective

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
Chronos was by far my favorite rift experience and it's seated