Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Landfall is released!

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Just saw it on the Oculus Blog.

If you played the betas, you know that this is a really fun game! It's going for $35 CAD, so probably around $30 USD(?).

Anyway, hope to see some of you guys in-game!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo
12 REPLIES 12

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
Wow, that was fast! I will definitely be buying this game.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I bought it already, as soon as I saw it was out!  😉

I had read that it was due "later this month" in an article, but hadn't seen an official source for that comment. I'm glad it turned out to be true. Really looking forward to seeing what the single-player campaign is like!

CrashFu
Consultant
Ditto to the single player campaign, there hasn't been much word about what that's like, so I'm really looking forward to seeing if it's more than just versus matches against AI strung together.

Although I'm happy to say this is one of the few games I'll gladly play the competitive mode of; it's just such a blast, win or lose, and most people seem willing to balance teams out between matches to keep things competitive.

In other words, see you guys on the battlefield. :wink:
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

CrashFu
Consultant
After playing a few campaign levels:    Downside, they're basically just a string of versus matches, yeah, just instead of enemy players you get tough npcs like the leaders (IE machine-gun guys) and flamethrower troops more often.

Upside:  It's still a lot of fun, and each level has some gorgeous scenery surrounding the actual play area;  be sure to take little moments to look all around and take in the details while you're playing.

Don't know if the co-op campaign is any different, but I'd love to find out.

And of course, there's always multiplayer!
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

nalex66
MVP
MVP

CrashFu said:

After playing a few campaign levels:    Downside, they're basically just a string of versus matches, yeah, just instead of enemy players you get tough npcs like the leaders (IE machine-gun guys) and flamethrower troops more often.

Upside:  It's still a lot of fun, and each level has some gorgeous scenery surrounding the actual play area;  be sure to take little moments to look all around and take in the details while you're playing.

Don't know if the co-op campaign is any different, but I'd love to find out.

And of course, there's always multiplayer!

I suspect that the co-op is the equivalent of 2v2 instead of 1v1 multiplayer. Still, probably fun to go through it with a friend.

I enjoyed the first few levels, although they are a fair bit easier than multiplayer. I like that different load-outs are available for each level--got to try one of the new ones that wasn't in the beta (shotgun guy).

CrashFu
Consultant
Yeah, turns out the single-player campaign isn't terribly long.  I think it's mainly there as a chance to try out all the different loadouts (and different types of map objectives) before heading into multiplayer.  A lot like Blazerush, really.  (I could draw a lot of parallels between both games, despite how different in genre they are)

IE  this is primarily a multiplayer game.

Some of the later levels did get pretty challenging in single-player, though.. SO many "elite" enemy types.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I guess the upside is that you can always play a map or two against bots if you're having trouble finding a match, unlike some MP-only games that you just can't play at all after a while because nobody is on the servers.

hoochyuk
Heroic Explorer
Yeah the single player is still fin

A_Force
Expert Protege
When i start the game i get a popup claiming something like "There is no disk in disk drive E", however if i click continue, the game still boots up and runs normally.

However, when i try to join a multiplayer match, i just get an error claiming there is a problem with the oculus matchmaking service.

Anyone recognize these issues or have any tips for me? I like the game but i havent been able to try multiplayer yet.