cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unity Utilities 1.11 Platform Menu Black Screen Bug?

wfoxall
Explorer
Is anyone else experiencing a black screen when returning to the game after long-pressing the back button in GearVR?

Repro steps:
- Unity 5.5.2f1:
- Empty project.
- Import Oculus Utilities for Unity 5 (1.11.0)
- Import OSig, tick Virtual Reality Supported, add bundle id and build.
On my S6 and S7, if I hold down back and bring up the Platform Menu then try to return to the game, I just get a black screen.

It was working fine with 1.09, but I decided to upgrade because 1.11 release notes say:
"All mobile applications using Utilities 1.9 and 1.10 will fail Oculus Store submission due to a bug affecting reserved interaction handling for the Universal Menu"
5 REPLIES 5

wfoxall
Explorer
This only appears to be an issue with Unity 5.5.2 and Oculus Utilities 1.11.
I rolled back to Unity 5.5.1 and it's working again.
I'm still interested to hear if other people are experiencing the same issue.

wfoxall
Explorer
Hi and thanks for confirming that Imperativity,

I have incrimentally updated and tested. Here are my findings:
5.5.1f1 - Working!
5.5.1p2 - Exhibits the Problem
5.5.1p3 - Exhibits the Problem
5.5.1p4 - Exhibits the Problem
5.5.2f1 - Exhibits the Problem

I then rolled back to 5.4
5.4.4p3  - Exhibits the Problem
5.4.4p2 - Working!

Checking the feature notes, any Unity point release after they integrate Oculus Runtime 1.11 exhibits this issue.
I'm concerned because I updated Unity based on the following Oculus info:

"All mobile applications using Utilities 1.9 and 1.10 will fail Oculus Store submission due to a bug affecting reserved interaction handling for the Universal Menu."
https://developer3.oculus.com/downloads/game-engines/1.11.0/Oculus_Utilities_for_Unity_5/

"Unity 5.4.4p3 and later
Unity 5.5.1p2 and later"
https://developer3.oculus.com/documentation/game-engines/latest/concepts/unity-req/

But these versions with 1.11 will create a bug that will fail Oculus Store Submission too.

Hope that info is helpful for people.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for that, wfoxall. Utilities and Runtime are two different things, so you should be fine submitting with Oculus Runtime 1.10 & Utilities 1.11. 

Podden
Honored Guest
still persists on 5.5.2p2

wfoxall
Explorer
Thanks for the feedback on another of my queries @imperativity!
@gconvergen, thanks, I was worried about mix and matching versions of the utilities and runtime. But as you say, things seem to be running okay with RT1.10 and Utilities1.11.